Words — 385 found
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood, cooking
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. monkey (esp. the Japanese macaque, Macaca fuscata); ape; non-human primateUsually written using kana alone, See also ニホンザル
- み 。
- I saw some monkeys climbing the tree.
2. sly personDerogatory
3. idiot; hickDerogatory
4. sliding wooden bolt (for holding a door or window shut)
5. clasp used to control the height of a pot-hookSee also 自在鉤
6. bathhouse prostituteArchaism, See also 湯女
7. Sarh (Chad); Sal
8. MonkeyA monkey is a primate of the Haplorrhini suborder and sim... Read more
猨: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. dog (Canis (lupus) familiaris)
- こわ 。
- She is afraid of barking dogs.
2. squealer; rat; snitch; informer; informant; spyDerogatory, Usually written using kana alone, See also みっこくしゃ
- き 。
- かぎまわ 。
- Watch out! A police spy is snooping around.
3. loser; assholeDerogatory
4. counterfeit; inferior; useless; wasteful
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉, 珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉, 珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggOnly applies to 玉, See also 玉子
15. okonomiyakiFood, cooking, Only applies to 玉, See also お好み焼き
16. coinusu. だま
17. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
JLPT N2 Links
1. boy; son; childFamiliar language
2. mere boy; stripling; greenhornDerogatory
1. upstart; nouveau riche; new money; new rich; coming into wealth suddenlyDerogatory
- Land made him a rich man.
2. piece promoted to gold generalShogi, orig. meaning
3. ParvenuA parvenu is a person who is a relative newcomer to a soc... Read more
1. fellow; guy; chapUsually written using kana alone, derogatory or familiar
- For all his faults, he is a good fellow.
2. thing; objectColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone
- I can't afford to buy a new bike, so I'll have to manage with this old one.
3. he; she; him; herderogatory or familiar
- He stabbed me in the back!
1. oneself (itself, etc.)Poetical term
- You must not judge others by yourself.
2. I; meHumble (kenjougo) language
4. by oneself (itself, etc.)
5. interjection expressing anger or chagrin
2. dace (Tribolodon hakonensis)Usually written using kana alone
3. test subject (of human experiments performed by Unit 731 during WWII)Usually written using kana alone, Historical term, Sensitive, See also 七三一部隊
4. prostitute dressed as a Buddhist nunDerogatory, Archaism
1. one's nature; one's feelings; oneself
2. plain; unadorned; undecorated; unadulterated; au naturel
3. mere; poorDerogatory, before a noun
4. exceedinglybefore an adjective
1. he; she; that guyDerogatory, Familiar language, Usually written using kana alone, きゃつ is masc.
- I never want to see that guy again.
2. that; that one; that thingFamiliar language, Usually written using kana alone
彼奴 【きゃつ】、彼奴 【あやつ】、彼奴 【かやつ】
彼奴: Rarely-used kanji form. 彼奴: Rarely-used kanji form. 彼奴: Rarely-used kanji form. かやつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 彼奴: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. fly (any insect of infraorder Muscomorpha)Usually written using kana alone
- あつ 。
- The mob gathered round the car like so many flies.
2. person of no worth; pisher; scrubDerogatory
1. to hang; to droop; to dangle; to sag; to lower; to pull down
- A wisp of hair fell over his left eye.
2. to give (e.g. lesson, instruction, scolding) (to someone of lower status); to confer; to grant; to bestow
3. to drip; to ooze; to trickle; to drop
- Water is dripping from the wet towel.
4. to leave behind (at death)
5. to say; to utterDerogatory
6. to excrete (urine, feces, etc.); to let out (a fart)
1. he; she; that person; that guy; that fellowDerogatory, Familiar language, Usually written using kana alone, See also こいつ
- Get him!
2. that; that one; that thingFamiliar language, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to そいつ, See also こいつ
- しんけい 。
- It gets on my nerves.
其奴 【そやつ】、其奴 【すやつ】
其奴: Rarely-used kanji form. 其奴: Rarely-used kanji form. すやつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 其奴: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. tuber; taro; potato; yam
- Potatoes give me wind.
2. yokel; bumpkinDerogatory
3. dud; worthless thing
薯 【いも】、藷 【いも】、イモ
1. they; those guysDerogatory, Familiar language
奴等 【やつら】、やつ等 【やつら】
1. he; she; this fellow; this guy; this personDerogatory, Familiar language, Usually written using kana alone, See also そいつ
2. this; this one; this thingFamiliar language, Usually written using kana alone, See also そいつ
3. hey, you!; you bastard!; damn you!Derogatory, Usually written using kana alone
此奴: Rarely-used kanji form. 此奴: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. unskilled; clumsy; lousy; poor; awkward; shittyUsually written using kana alone, Derogatory
- Please don't do translations if you're crap at it. This is a plea from the English translation clients.