Words — 330 found
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. monkey (esp. the Japanese macaque, Macaca fuscata); ape; non-human primateUsually written using kana alone, See also ニホンザル
- み 。
- I saw some monkeys climbing the tree.
2. sly personDerogatory
3. idiot; hickDerogatory
4. sliding wooden bolt (for holding a door or window shut)
5. clasp used to control the height of a pot-hookSee also 自在鉤
6. bathhouse prostituteArchaism, See also 湯女
7. Sarh (Chad); Sal
8. MonkeyA monkey is a primate of the Haplorrhini suborder and sim... Read more
猨: Out-dated kanji.
1. dog (Canis (lupus) familiaris)
- こわ 。
- She is afraid of barking dogs.
2. snoop (i.e. a detective, a spy, etc.)
- き 。
- かぎまわ 。
- Watch out! A police spy is snooping around.
3. loser; assholeDerogatory
4. counterfeit; inferior; useless; wasteful
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. fellow; guy; chapUsually written using kana alone, Derogatory, Only applies to やつ
- い 。
- He's a nice guy - that's unanimous.
2. thing; objectColloquialism, Only applies to やつ
- What a glorious fall day. This is what they mean by the lovely weather you get after a storm.
3. he; she; him; herderogatory or familiar
しゃつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. oneself (itself, etc.)Poetical term
- You must not judge others by yourself.
2. I; meHumble (kenjougo)
4. by oneself (itself, etc.)
5. interjection expressing anger or chagrin
1. plain; unadorned; undecorated; unadulterated; au naturel
2. mere; poorDerogatory, before a noun
3. exceedinglybefore an adjective
1. fly (any insect of infraorder Muscomorpha)Usually written using kana alone
- あつ 。
- The mob gathered round the car like so many flies.
2. person of no worth; pisher; scrubDerogatory
1. tuber; taro; potato
- Potatoes give me wind.
2. yokel; bumpkinDerogatory
薯 【いも】、藷 【いも】
1. he; she; this fellow; this guy; this personUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Derogatory, Familiar language, See also 其奴 そいつ
2. this; this one; this thingUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Derogatory, Familiar language, See also 其奴 そいつ
3. Hey, you!; You bastard!; Damn you!Usually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Derogatory, Familiar language
1. shitty; clumsy; poor; awkwardUsually written using kana alone, Derogatory
- Please don't do translations if you're crap at it. This is a plea from the English translation clients.
1. guy; fellow; chap; buddy
2. bastard; asshole; arsehole; son of a bitchMale term or language, Derogatory, Slang
1. dejected loser; dog that has lost a fight (with its tail between its legs)
- I can't stand getting beaten.
2. unmarried woman (with no children) over the age of 30Slang, Derogatory, See also お一人様 おひとりさま
1. pizzaFrom Italian
2. fat, ugly personDerogatory, Internet slang
3. PizzaPizza Listen/ˈpiːtsə/ is an oven-baked, flat, round bread... Read more
1. politician (esp. one who works only for their own personal gain)Derogatory