Words — 553 found
1. to open (a door, etc.); to unwrap (e.g. parcel, package); to unlockOnly applies to 開ける
- あ 。
- The three boys opened the doors of the building.
2. to open (for business, etc.)Only applies to 開ける
- I'm sorry I opened your mail by mistake.
3. to empty; to remove; to make space; to make roomesp. 空ける
- Empty the purse into this bag.
4. to move out; to clear outesp. 空ける
5. to be away from (e.g. one's house); to leave (temporarily)esp. 空ける
6. to dawn; to grow lightesp. 明ける
7. to end (of a period, season)esp. 明ける
8. to begin (of the New Year)esp. 明ける
9. to leave (one's schedule) open; to make time (for)esp. 明ける
10. to make (a hole); to open up (a hole)
空ける 【あける】、明ける 【あける】
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, party, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computer terminology
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food term, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports term, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
1. start; commencement; beginning; initiation
1. development; evolution; progression; unfolding; (plot) twist
- くだ 。
- Please keep me informed of the development of the case.
2. expansion; spreading out; extending; deployment; building up
- The ruling party is running a smear campaign against the opposition.
3. expansion (of an algebraic expression)Mathematics
4. development (of a three-dimensional shape)Mathematics
5. extraction (of compressed data); decompression; unpackingComputer terminology
1. reclamation (e.g. wasteland); cultivation; development
- The newcomers cultivated the immense wilderness.
2. pioneering; opening up (e.g. new market); breaking new ground; trailblazing
- We have to find a new market for these products.
1. opening (a door, window, etc.); leaving open
2. opening up (e.g. to the public); allowing (public) access
- This garden is open to the public.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. opening (of a new road, railway, etc.); going into operation (e.g. telephone communication); beginning services
2. reopening (e.g. a road to traffic); resumption of services
1. development; exploitation
かいほつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. holding (a conference, exhibition, etc.); opening; hosting (e.g. the Olympics)
1. opening to the public; making available to the public; putting on display; exhibiting; showing (play, movie, etc.); holding (interview, etc.); open; public
1. uncivilized; uncivilised; primitive; savage
2. undeveloped (land); unexplored (territory, field, etc.)
3. unbloomed (flower)
1. to open (e.g. doors)esp. 開く
- あ 。
- The door yielded to a strong push.
2. to open (e.g. business, etc.)esp. 開く
3. to be emptyesp. 空く
- ある 。
- With first base open, he walked the batter.
4. to be vacant; to be available; to be freeesp. 空く
5. to be open (e.g. neckline, etc.)esp. 明く
6. to have been opened (of one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
7. to come to an endesp. 明く
8. to open (one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
9. to have a hole; to form a gap; to have an interval (between events)See also 穴が開く
- あ 。
- The leather jacket has worn out at the elbows.
空く 【あく】、明く 【あく】
1. flowers budding; blooming; flowering
- The blossoms will be out in a few days.
2. showing results; becoming popular; blooming
- Musical talent usually blooms at an early age.
3. AnthesisAnthesis is the period during which a flower is fully ope... Read more
2. RedevelopmentRedevelopment is any new construction on a site that has ... Read more
1. space development; space exploration
2. Space explorationSpace exploration is the discovery and exploration of out... Read more
1. developing country; emerging nation
2. Developing countryA developing country, also known as a less-developed coun... Read more
1. Caesarean section (Cesarean); C-section
2. Caesarean sectionA Caesarean section, (also C-section, Caesarian section, ... Read more