Words — 558 found
1. back; behind; rear
後: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. afternoon; p.m.
午后: Out-dated kanji.
1. end; conclusion
- だいじょうぶ 、
- I can assure you that honesty pays in the long run.
2. last; final; latest; most recent
- The last part of the legend was added later.
3. no sooner than; once; right after (often having negative consequences)after -tara form or -ta form followed by "ga"
4. one's final momentsArchaism, See also 最期
1. to be late; to be delayed; to fall behind schedule; to be overdueusu. 遅れる
2. to fall behind (in a race, one's studies, etc.); to lag behind; to be behind (the times)oft. 後れる
- おくれ 。
- She's far behind in her studies.
3. to be bereaved of; to be preceded by (someone) in deathoft. 後れる
4. to be slow (of a clock or watch)
1. buttocks; behind; rump; bottom; hips
- おいかけ 。
- He's always chasing girls.
2. undersurface; bottom
3. last place; end
臀 【しり】、後 【しり】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. front and rear; front and back; before and behind; back and forth
- ふ 。
- He shook his head back and forth.
2. before and after
3. around; about; approximatelyafter a quantity, age, time, etc.
- きかん ３０
- ねん 、
- りりつ ２％
- し 。
- Japan's ODA largely consists of concessionary yen credit repayable in 30 years, carrying an interest rate of 2% or so.
4. order; context
- Anastrophe, by switching around words, has the effect of emphasizing text.
6. just when; around the time of
7. inversion; reversion; getting out of order
8. co-occurring; happening at the same timeas 前後して
1. after this; from now on; hereafter
- I'll never do this again.
2. thereafter; since (then); afteresp. after あれ, それ or the -te form of a verb
- あ 。
- I haven't seen her since then.
1. delay; lag; postponement; falling behind
1. back; rear
2. background; behind the scenes
1. retreat; falling back; moving backwards; reversing; retrogression; retraction
- Automobile sales suffered a setback at the end of the financial year.
2. recession; waning
3. backspace (key)Computer terminology
1. regret; repentance; remorse
1. being too late; losing one's final chance
- We should take the necessary steps before it's too late.
手後れ 【ておくれ】、手おくれ 【ておくれ】
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. behind; rearSee also 後ずさり
- のこ 。
- One of the girls was left behind.
2. after; laterSee also その後
- きた 。
- After rain comes fair weather.
3. remainder; the rest
4. more (e.g. five more minutes); left
- I have another two letters to write.
5. also; in addition
6. descendant; successor; heir
7. after one's death
- し 。
- Mr. Fuji died, leaving 4 children behind him.
8. past; previousArchaism
Common word Links
1. postwar period; period after Second World War
2. Post-warA post-war period or postwar period is the interval immed... Read more