Words — 4467 found
Common word Links
1. ancestor; forefather; progenitor
2. originator; pioneer; inventor; founder
3. grandfatherorig. meaning
1. so; soh; 5th note of a major scale in movable-do solfègeMusic, From Italian
2. G (note in the fixed-do system)Music, From Italian
1. coarse; rough; crude; raw; unrefined
麁 【そ】、麤 【そ】
麁: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 麤: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. rice tax (ritsuryo system); rice levy; tax on rice fieldsSee also 田租
2. annual tribute; annual tax
1. detailed commentary; explanation; annotationSee also 注疏
2. memorial to the throne (esp. itemized)Only applies to そ
2. VillageA village is a clustered human settlement or community, l... Read more
1. cleaning; sweeping; dusting; scrubbing
2. CleanlinessCleanliness is both the abstract state of being clean and... Read more
- き 。
- The mother whipped sense into her boy.
2. penisVulgar expression or word, Only applies to むすこ
3. SonA son is a male offspring; a boy or man in relation to hi... Read more
むす子 【むすこ】、息 【むすこ】、息 【そく】
そく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. graduation; completion (of a course)
- い 。
- After he left school, he went to London.
2. moving on (from); outgrowing (something); leaving (a group, company, etc.); quitting
- I feel I'm growing out of pop music.
3. GraduationGraduation is the action of receiving or conferring an ac... Read more
1. left and right; right and left
- ふ 。
- He gave an angry shake of his head.
2. (asserting) control; influence; domination
- おお 。
- Success often depends on one's temperament.
3. one's attendants; people accompanying one
4. (serving at somebody's) side
7. Relative directionThe most common relative directions are left, right, forw... Read more
左右 【そう】、左右 【さう】
そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. さう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. outside; exterior
- で 、
- You have to be outside something, able to experience it from a distance, before it makes sense.
2. the open (air)
- Let's occasionally change where we go to eat out.
3. other place; somewhere else; outside one's group (family, company, etc.)Antonym: うち
- Our house, our rules.
と: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. existence; being
2. ExistenceExistence has been variously defined by sources. In commo... Read more
1. noise; din
2. Noise pollutionNoise pollution is excessive, displeasing human, animal, ... Read more