Words — 653 found
1. to sink; to go under; to submerge
2. to go down (e.g. sun); to set; to descend
3. to feel depressed; to become subdued; to become somber
1. to contain; to comprise; to have; to hold; to include; to embrace
- ふく 。
- The vitamin pill contains abundant nutrition.
2. to hold in the mouthSee also 口に含む
3. to bear in mind; to understand; to harbor (grudge, etc.); to harbour
4. to express (emotion, etc.); to imply
含む 【くくむ】、銜む 【ふくむ】、銜む 【くくむ】
1. to suffer; to groan; to be worried
1. to apply for; to make an application; to propose (marriage); to offer (mediation); to make an overture (of peace); to challenge; to lodge (objections); to request (an interview); to subscribe for; to book; to reserve
申込む 【もうしこむ】、申しこむ 【もうしこむ】
1. to pile up; to stack
- あら 。
- If you stack the dishes up by the sink, I'll do them later.
2. to load (car, ship, etc.); to pack
- つ 。
- The ship was stowed with arms.
3. to acquire; to accumulate
- He is a man of wide experience.
1. to mince; to cut fine; to chop up; to hash; to shred
2. to carve; to engrave; to chisel; to notch
3. to tick away (time); to beat out (e.g. rhythm); to record the passing moments
4. to etch (into one's mind); to remember distinctlySee also 心に刻む, as 心に刻む, etc.
5. to have tattooedArchaism
6. to tormentArchaism
1. to hold between (e.g. one's fingers, chopsticks); to grip (from both sides)
2. to put between; to sandwich between; to insert; to interpose
- はさ 。
- He stuck his pencil behind his ear.
3. to catch (e.g. a finger in a door); to trap; to pinch
- I caught my finger in the door.
4. to insert (e.g. a break into proceedings); to interpose (e.g. an objection); to interject; to throw in (e.g. a joke)
5. to be on either side of (a road, table, etc.); to have between each other; to be across (a street, river, etc.)
- むかいあ 。
- They confronted each other across the table.
6. to harbour (feelings); to cast (e.g. doubt)
- His behavior is above suspicion.
挿む 【はさむ】、挾む 【はさむ】
挾む: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to expand; to swell (out); to get big; to become inflated
1. to jump in; to leap in; to plunge into; to dive
2. to burst in; to barge in
飛びこむ 【とびこむ】、飛込む 【とびこむ】
1. to hate; to detest
1. to thrust (something) into (something); to cram; to stuff; to shove
- ある 。
- A boy was walking with his hands in his pockets.
2. to plunge into; to charge into; to rush into; to ram into; to crash into
- い 。
- We plunged into the cave opening on our boat and continued on.
3. to delve into (a matter); to go into depth; to get to the heart (of something)
- He's doing in-depth research on ancient history.
4. to press (someone) about; to point out (e.g. an inconsistency); to question sharply; to grill
5. to get involved with; to meddle in; to poke one's nose intoSee also 首を突っ込む
- Stop sticking your nose into other people's business.
6. to riposte; to retort; to quip
突っこむ 【つっこむ】、突込む 【つっこむ】、ツッコむ
1. to knit; to plait; to braid
- き 。
- She wore a sweater that she'd knitted herself.
2. to compile (anthology, dictionary, etc.); to edit
1. to fold (clothes, umbrella)Usually written using kana alone
- しま 。
- She folded up the towels and put them away in the cupboard.
2. to close (a shop, business)Usually written using kana alone
- He sold his business and retired.
3. to vacateUsually written using kana alone
1. to glare at; to scowl at; to glower atUsually written using kana alone
2. to stare intensely at; to examine carefullyUsually written using kana alone
3. to estimate; to guess; to suspect; to judgeUsually written using kana alone
4. to keep an eye on someone (e.g. a suspicious or untrustworthy person); to watchUsually written using kana alone, See also 睨まれる, often as 睨まれる
5. to take account of; to take into considerationUsually written using kana alone
1. to become clear (water, air, etc.); to become transparent
- す 。
- The water is clear to the bottom.
2. to resonate clearly (e.g. voice)
3. to become serene; to become tranquil; to be free of worries
4. to pronounce as an unvoiced soundSee also 清音
1. to be convinced (that); to be under the impression (that); to feel sure (that); to assume (that)
2. to make up one's mind; to set one's heart on; to be determined (to do); to be bent on
3. to be obsessed (with a thought, idea, etc.); to think about obsessively
1. to melt into; to dissolve into; to merge into
2. to blend into (surroundings); to fit in; to adapt to; to integrate
解け込む 【とけこむ】、融け込む 【とけこむ】、溶込む 【とけこむ】、解込む 【とけこむ】、溶けこむ 【とけこむ】、とけ込む 【とけこむ】
1. to shrink; to contract; to diminish (in size)
1. to draw (water); to ladle; to dip up; to scoop up; to pump
- He fetched some water from the well.
2. to pour (into a cup); to drink (together)See also 酌む くむ
3. to consider (feelings, the situation, etc.); to sympathize with; to intuit; to understand
4. to draw upon; to inherit