1. to thrust (something) into (something); to cram; to stuff; to shove
- ある 。
- A boy was walking with his hands in his pockets.
2. to plunge into; to charge into; to rush into; to ram into; to crash into
- い 。
- We plunged into the cave opening on our boat and continued on.
3. to delve into (a matter); to go into depth; to get to the heart (of something)
- He's doing in-depth research on ancient history.
4. to press (someone) about; to point out (e.g. an inconsistency); to question sharply; to grill
5. to get involved with; to meddle in; to poke one's nose intoSee also 首を突っ込む
- Stop sticking your nose into other people's business.
6. to riposte; to retort; to quip
突っこむ 【つっこむ】、突込む 【つっこむ】
Log in to talk about this word.