Words — 7636 found
3. SchoolA school is an institution designed for the teaching of s... Read more
學校: Out-dated kanji.
1. river; streamOnly applies to かわ
- なが 。
- This river is three times longer than that one.
2. River; the ... riversuffix used with the names of rivers
- Which is longer, the Shinano River or the Agano River?
4. RiverA river is a natural watercourse, usually freshwater, flo... Read more
川 【がわ】、河 【かわ】、河 【がわ】
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
1. glasses; eyeglasses; spectaclesUsually written using kana alone
2. judgment; judgement; discrimination; discernment; insightUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to めがね, Only applies to メガネ
4. GlassesGlasses, also known as eyeglasses (formal), spectacles or... Read more
1. tobacco; cigarette; cigaret; cigarUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “tabaco”
2. tobacco plant (Nicotiana tabacum)Usually written using kana alone
4. TobaccoTobacco is an agricultural product processed from the lea... Read more
莨 【たばこ】、烟草 【たばこ】、煙草 【えんそう】、煙草 【けぶりぐさ】、煙草 【けむりぐさ】、烟草 【えんそう】、烟草 【けぶりぐさ】、烟草 【けむりぐさ】、タバコ
たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperAbbreviation, Only applies to 赤, See also 銅 あかがね
8. red poetry ribbon card (in hanafuda)Abbreviation, See also あかたん
10. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji.
- ALS had made his hands and arms too weak to hold a pen or to type.
2. skill; efforts; ability
- How much we pay you depends on your skill.
4. ArmIn human anatomy, the arm is the part of the upper limb b... Read more
1. doll; puppet; figure
3. DollA doll is a model of a human being, often used as a toy f... Read more
1. culture; civilization; civilisation
- ちが 。
- The two regions differ in religion and culture.
2. Bunka era (1804.2.11-1818.4.22)
4. CultureWhen Culture first began to take its current usage by Eur... Read more
1. coast; beach
3. CoastA coastline or seashore is the area where land meets the ... Read more
2. livelihood; occupationArchaism
4. IndustryIndustry is the production of an economic good or service... Read more
1. zoo; zoological gardens
3. ZooA zoo (short for zoological park or zoological garden, an... Read more
1. art gallery; art museum
3. Art museumAn art gallery or art museum is a building or space for t... Read more
1. water supply; water service; waterworks
2. channel; strait
3. water course; waterway
5. Water supplyWater supply is the provision of water by public utilitie... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. airfield; airport
3. AerodromeAn aerodrome is a location from which aircraft flight ope... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. grape; grapevineUsually written using kana alone
3. GrapeA grape is a fruiting berry of the deciduous woody vines ... Read more
えび: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to become; to get; to grow; to be; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
- When you go, I'll miss you very much.
2. to result in; to prove to be
- The news turned out true in a week.
3. to consist of; to be composed of
- な 。
- Nine players make up a team.
4. to succeed; to be complete
5. to change into; to be exchanged for
6. to play a roleSee also 成り済ます
7. to be promotedShogi term
8. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), as お+masu-stem+になる, ご+noun+になる, etc.
1. honest; frank; candid; straightforward
- The fact proves his honesty.
2. honestly; frankly
- To tell the truth, I don't like classical music. On the other hand, Molly is really into it.
4. HonestyHonesty refers to a facet of moral character and denotes ... Read more
1. coincidence; agreement; union; match
- We agreed to start early the next morning.
2. conformity; consistency
- His words and deeds do not match.
5. Agreement (linguistics)In languages, agreement or concord is a form of cross-ref... Read more