Words — 64 found
1. to recall; to remember; to recollect
思いだす 【おもいだす】、おもい出す 【おもいだす】、思出す 【おもいだす】
思出す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to write down; to note; to jot downSee also 記する
2. to rememberusu. as 心に記す, etc.
誌す 【しるす】、識す 【しるす】、記す 【きす】
1. to think of; to hit upon; to come into one's mind; to be struck with an idea
2. to remember; to recall
1. to memorize; to memorise; to commit to memory; to learn by heart; to bear in mind; to remember
- You must remember to tell him all that you know.
2. to learn; to pick up; to acquireOnly applies to 覚える
3. to feelOnly applies to 覚える
- That music really gets me.
4. to think; to regardOnly applies to 覚える
1. to recall; to remember
思い起す 【おもいおこす】、思起す 【おもいおこす】
思起す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to be aware of; to know; to be conscious of; to cognize; to cognise
2. to notice; to feel
3. to understand; to comprehend; to grasp
4. to remember; to be acquainted with (a procedure)
5. to experience; to go through; to learn
6. to be acquainted with (a person); to get to know
7. to concern
1. to recollect; to remember; to reminisce; to be nostalgic for
2. to imagine; to guess; to inferUsually written using kana alone
1. to float; to set afloat; to launch
- うかべ 。
- He is sailing a little boat on the water.
2. to show on one's face (smile, sadness, etc.)
- う 。
- The monster's smile was cruel.
3. to recall; to call to mind; to imagine; to think of
浮べる 【うかべる】、泛かべる 【うかべる】、泛べる 【うかべる】
泛べる: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to wake (someone) up (by calling for them); to awaken
2. to call (to mind); to bring back (memories); to evoke; to arouse (e.g. interest)
- War arouses the animal in man.
呼び起す 【よびおこす】、呼起こす 【よびおこす】、呼起す 【よびおこす】、喚び起こす 【よびおこす】、喚び起す 【よびおこす】
1. to stop; to turn offesp. 止める, 停める
- もと 。
- The newspaper called for the government to stop inflation.
2. to parkesp. 止める, 停める
- This document is for your eyes only.
3. to prevent; to suppress (a cough); to hold back (tears); to hold (one's breath); to relieve (pain)esp. 止める, 停める
- くだ 。
- Please bear in mind what I said.
4. to stop (someone from doing something); to dissuade; to forbid; to prohibit
- とめ 。
- The wooden pieces are fastened with a peg.
5. to notice; to be aware of; to concentrate on; to pay attention to; to remember; to bear in mindSee also 目を留める, See also 気に留める
- It's illegal to park your car here.
6. to fix (in place); to fasten; to tack; to pin; to nail; to button; to stapleesp. 留める
7. to detain; to keep in custodyesp. 留める
留める 【とめる】、停める 【とめる】
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. sure; certain; positive; definite
- It is certain that he is wrong.
2. reliable; trustworthy; safe; sound; firm; accurate; correct; exact
- え 。
- I got the news from a reliable source.
3. If I'm not mistaken; If I remember correctly; If I remember rightly
- おも 。
- I believe this fish is a freshwater fish.
確 【たしか】、慥か 【たしか】
確: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. well; properly; suitablyUsually written using kana alone
2. best regards; please remember me; please treat me favorably (favourably); please take care of; please do
- Give my love to your family.
3. just like ...; as though one were ...as ...よろしく
4. by all means; of courseas よろしく…べし
宜敷く: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to think; to consider; to believe; to reckon想う has connotations of heart-felt
2. to think (of doing); to plan (to do)
3. to judge; to assess; to regard
4. to imagine; to suppose; to dream
- We are never as happy or as unhappy as we imagine.
5. to expect; to look forward to
6. to feel; to be (in a state of mind); to desire; to want
7. to recall; to remember
想う 【おもう】、念う 【おもう】、憶う 【おもう】、懐う 【おもう】、惟う 【おもう】
1. remembering; recollection; recall; retrieval
2. to remember; to recall; to recollect; to call to mind; to envision