Words — 962 found
1. normal; ordinary; regular; usual; common; average
- Sunday is not an ordinary day to me.
2. normally; ordinarily; usually; generally; commonly
- ふつう ９
- ね 。
- She usually goes to bed at nine.
3. local train; train that stops at every stationAbbreviation, See also 普通列車
4. Normality (behavior)Normality (also known as normalcy) is the state of being ... Read more
1. traffic; transportation; communication; exchange (of ideas, etc.); intercourse
2. TransportTransport or transportation is the movement of people, an... Read more
1. commuting to school; school commute
2. Student transportThis article is about the logistics of transporting stude... Read more
1. main street
3. Main StreetMain Street is the metonym for a generic street name (and... Read more
1. commuting to work
2. CommutingCommuting is regular travel between one's place of reside... Read more
1. interpretation (i.e. oral translation)
3. Language interpretationLanguage interpretation is the facilitating of oral or si... Read more
2. CurrencyIn economics, currency refers to a generally accepted med... Read more
1. passage; pathway; roadway; avenue; aisle
2. AisleAn aisle is, in general (common), a space for walking wit... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. circulation (money, goods, etc.); distribution
- へ 、
- か 。
- Thus money in circulation drops, and price escalation quietens down.
2. circulation (air, water, etc.); ventilation; flow
3. negotiable (e.g. shares); distributional; circulating
5. Distribution (business)Product distribution (or place) is one of the four elemen... Read more
1. to go by; to go past; to go along; to travel along; to pass through; to use (a road); to take (a route); to go via; to go by way of
- とお 。
- I go by that church every day.
2. to run (between; of a rail service, bus route, etc.); to operate (between); to connect
- とお 。
- Buses run between the station and the airport.
3. to go indoors; to go into a room; to be admitted; to be shown in; to be ushered in; to come in
4. to penetrate; to pierce; to skewer; to go through; to come through
- とお 。
- A bullet pierced the helmet.
5. to permeate; to soak into; to spread throughout
6. to carry (e.g. of a voice); to reach far
- とお 。
- Kelly's voice carries well.
7. to be passed on (e.g. of a customer's order to the kitchen); to be relayed; to be conveyed
8. to pass (a test, a bill in the House, etc.); to be approved; to be accepted
- おも 。
- I expect her to pass the examination easily.
9. to go by (a name); to be known as; to be accepted as; to have a reputation for
- とお 。
- She went by the name of Bess.
10. to be coherent; to be logical; to be reasonable; to be comprehensible; to be understandable; to make sense
- That's no excuse.
11. to get across (e.g. of one's point); to be understood
- とお 。
- There was no need for verbal communication.
12. to pass for; to come across as; to seem like
- This painting will pass for genuine.
13. to be straight (e.g. wood grain)
14. to be well-informed; to be wiseArchaism
15. to do ... completely; to do ... thoroughlyafter the -masu stem of a verb
徹る 【とおる】、透る 【とおる】
1. to go to and from (a place); to go back and forth between; to run between (e.g. bus, train, etc.); to ply between
2. to go to (school, work, etc.); to attend; to commute; to frequent
- Children of six and above should attend school.
4. to resemble
1. avenue; street; way; road
2. coming and going; street traffic
3. flow (of water, air, etc.)
4. transmission (of sound); reach (e.g. of voice)
5. fame; reputation; popularity
6. the same status or way; as (e.g. as expected, as I said)
7. understanding; comprehension
8. counter for sets of things; counter for methods, ways, types
1. to stick through; to force through
2. to spread throughout; to thoroughly diffuse
3. to make a path between two points
4. to proceed in a logical mannerSee also 筋を通す すじをとおす
5. to let pass; to allow through
6. to lead (someone) into (a house, room, etc.); to show in
7. to go through (a middleman)
8. to (look, listen) through (a window, wall, etc.)
9. to pass (a law, applicant, etc.)
- The Upper House seems bent on defeating any reform bills.
10. to force to accept; to force agreement
11. to continue (in a state); to persist in
12. to do to the entirety of; to cover all of; to span the whole ...
13. to do from beginning to end without a breakin the form とおして…する
14. to convey (one's ideas, etc.) to the other party
15. to do to the end; to carry through; to completeafter the -te form of a verb
徹す 【とおす】、透す 【とおす】
1. common; shared; mutual
- おお 。
- I have much in common with him.
2. to be common (to); to be shared (by)
1. passing through (a tunnel, station, town, etc.); passing by (e.g. of a typhoon); transit
- Watch out for passing cars.
2. passage (of a bill, e.g. through parliament); carriage
- The bill at last went through.
3. passing (an examination, inspection, etc.); clearing
1. correspondence; communication; transmission; news; signal; telecommunications
1. passage (of people, traffic); passing
2. common usage
1. to be open (to traffic); to lead to; to communicate (with)
2. to flow (liquid, current); to pass; to get through to
3. to be understood; to be comprehended
4. to be honored; to be good
5. to be well versed in; to be well-informed
6. to communicate clandestinely; to keep in touch (e.g. with the enemy)
7. to form a liaison; to be intimate
8. to spread widely; to disseminate
1. to go past; to pass; to pass by