Words — 177 found
1. right angle; perpendicular
2. Right angleIn geometry and trigonometry, a right angle is an angle t... Read more
1. corner; nook; recess
2. downstage right (on a noh stage)Obscure term, Only applies to 角, See also 目付柱
角 【すみ】、隅 【すま】
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. square; cube
3. bishopShogi term, Abbreviation, See also 角行 かくぎょう
4. third degree (of the Japanese and Chinese pentatonic scale)See also 五音
6. jiao (monetary unit of China; one-tenth of a yuan)See also 元 げん
7. Horn (anatomy)A horn is a pointed projection of the skin on the head of... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. anyhow; at any rate; anyway; somehow or other; generally speaking; in any case; at leastUsually written using kana alone
兎に角: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. with trouble; at great painsUsually written using kana alone
2. rare; valuable; precious; long-awaitedUsually written using kana alone
3. kind; generousUsually written using kana alone
4. specially; especially; expresslyUsually written using kana alone
1. anyhow; anyway; somehow or other; generally speaking; in any case; be that as it mayUsually written using kana alone
- I'm glad to have passed at all.
2. apart from ...; setting ... asideUsually written using kana alone, often as …はともかく
- Looks aside, she is very good-natured.
1. direction; way
2. point of the compass; cardinal direction; bearingSee also 方位
3. method; means; approach
1. (doing) various things; (doing) this and thatUsually written using kana alone
- There were some unsavory rumors about him.
2. being apt to; being prone to; tending toUsually written using kana alone
- We tend to forget that exercise is a key to good health.
3. at any rate; anyhow; anywayUsually written using kana alone
4. all sorts of (negative things); variousUsually written using kana alone
5. things that do not exist; rabbit hornsBuddhist term, Idiomatic expression, Only applies to 兎角, See also 亀毛兎角
1. corner; edge
- あなをあ 。
- The jagged edge ripped a hole in his trousers.
2. (street) corner; turning
- Turn right at the next corner.
3. rough edges (of one's character, words, etc.); abrasiveness; harshness; sharpness
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. horn; antler
2. antenna; feeler; tentacle (e.g. of a snail)
3. horn-like projection (e.g. peaks of whipped cream)
1. street corner; road turn; bend in the road
2. turning point; watershed
曲がりかど 【まがりかど】、曲り角 【まがりかど】
1. equal (in ability); even; evenly matched; well-matched; on par (with)
牛角 【ごかく】、互格 【ごかく】
互格: Irregular kanji usage.
1. triangle; triangular shape
1. four corners
2. crossroads; intersecting street; street corner
1. corner; section; point; partOnly applies to いっかく
- し 。
- The election gave the party a role in the government.
2. one hornOnly applies to いっかく
3. narwhal (Monodon monoceros)Usually written using kana alone
4. NarwhalThe narwhal, or narwhale, Monodon monoceros, is a medium-... Read more
1. anyhow; anyway; somehow or other; generally speaking; in any case; all kinds of this; this and thatUsually written using kana alone