1. with trouble; at great painsUsually written using kana alone
- All my pains went for nothing.
2. rare; valuable; precious; long-awaitedUsually written using kana alone
- You just made me miss the perfect shot when you hollered.
3. kind; generousUsually written using kana alone
- ざんねん 、
- As such is the case, I am sorry I can't accept your kind invitation.
4. specially; especially; expresslyUsually written using kana alone
- Though I went to see her all the way in the rain, she was out.
Log in to talk about this word.