Words — 829 found
1. eye; eyeball
- い 。
- Right, I said, shivering at this recital as a man would who gets hysterical while taking a shower if a bit of soap stings his eye.
2. eyesight; sight; visionSee also 目が見える
- Helen Keller was blind, deaf and mute.
3. look; stare; gaze; glance
- なが 。
- He regarded her with worship in his eyes.
4. notice; attention; observation; eyes (of the world, public, etc.)
5. an experience
7. discrimination; discernment; judgement; eye (e.g. for quality)
9. chance to succeed; possibilitySee also 目がない
10. spacing (between crossed strands of a net, mesh, etc.); opening; stitch; texture; weaveSee also 編み目
11. grain (of wood)
12. eye (of a storm, needle, etc.)
13. intersection (on a go board); square (on a chess board)
14. dot (on a dice); pip; rolled number
15. graduation; division (of a scale)
16. tooth (of a saw, comb, etc.)
17. ordinal number suffix
- Turn right at the second corner.
18. somewhat; -ishUsually written using kana alone, See also 大きめ, after adj. stem
19. point (e.g. of change)See also 変わり目, following -masu stem
20. EyeEyes are organs that detect light and convert it into ele... Read more
1. no good; not serving its purpose; useless; brokenUsually written using kana alone
- I wore out two pairs of jogging shoes last year.
2. hopeless; wasted; in vain; purposelessUsually written using kana alone
- It's all over.
3. cannot; must not; not allowedUsually written using kana alone
- Don't sit up late at night.
4. neutral point (in go); intersection owned by neither player at the end of a game
1. (school) subject; curriculum; course
2. item; heading; entry
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. serious; honest; sober; grave; earnest; steady
真面目: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 眞面目: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. item; heading; category; clause
2. headword (in a dictionary, encyclopedia, etc.); entrySee also 見出し語
1. miserable; wretched; unhappy; sad; pitiable
不見目: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. nonsense; irresponsible remark; codswallop; hogwash; rubbishUsually written using kana alone
- He seduced her with false promises.
2. random; haphazard; unsystematicUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He put the books on the shelf out of order.
出鱈目: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. effect; virtue; efficacy; impression
2. one's dominant eyeOnly applies to 利き目, Only applies to きき眼, Only applies to 利目
利き目 【ききめ】、きき眼 【ききめ】、効目 【ききめ】、利目 【ききめ】
1. face; honour; honor; reputation; prestige; dignity; credit
2. appearance; look
面目 【めんもく】、面目 【めいぼく】
めいぼく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. (public) notice; attention; public eye; public gaze
人眼 【ひとめ】、人目 【じんもく】
1. gap; break; rift
2. pause; interval; interruption
3. cut; incision; notch; score
1. indicates position in a sequenceSee also 目 め
2. divisions of a kabuki performance
1. nearsightedness; shortsightedness; myopia
近眼 【ちかめ】、近目 【ちかめ】
1. glance; look; glimpse
- I could tell at a glance that something was wrong.
2. complete view; bird's-eye view
1. panel; wainscoting; wainscottingOnly applies to 羽目
2. plight; fix; bind; awkward situation; difficult situation; messSee also 羽目になる
Common word Links
1. handsome manfrom Kabuki system of ranking characters
- He is young and, what is more, handsome.
2. actor in a love scene