Words — 541 found
1. truth; reality; actuality; fact
2. proper; right; correct; official
3. genuine; authentic; real; natural; veritable
本当 【ほんと】、本當 【ほんとう】、本當 【ほんと】、ホント、ホントー、ホントウ
ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. ホント: Irregular kana usage.
1. suitable; proper; appropriate; adequate; fit; fairOnly applies to てきとう
- Can you please let me know the most suitable person in INF Co., Ltd?
2. perfunctory; half-minded; sloppy; lazy; careless; noncommittal; unreliable; irresponsible
1. to hit
- I narrowly escaped being hit by a car.
2. to expose
- Don't expose this chemical to direct sunlight.
3. to apply (e.g. patch); to put on; to put against; to hold on; to hold against
- あ 。
- The money was appropriated for building the gymnasium.
4. to allot; to call on someone (e.g. in class)
5. to guess (an answer)
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
6. to make a hit (e.g. in a lottery)
- He amassed a fortune in stock trading during the last boom.
1. corresponding to (in meaning, function, etc.); being equivalent to
- Do you know the French equivalent of the word?
2. appropriate; suitable; befitting; proportionate
- The professor who invented it has the right to reasonable remuneration from the university.
3. to be proportionate to; to be in keeping with; to be deserving of; to be worthy of
- A trip to America was equivalent to a two-year salary for her.
4. considerable; substantial
- Ten years is a long time.
5. considerably; rather; quite; fairly; pretty
- たてこ 。
- The place is very much built up now.
1. being in charge (of an area of responsibility); being responsible (for a work role, etc.)
1. estimate; guess; conjecture; aim
2. direction; bearings
3. registration mark (printing)
4. approximately; about; around
1. to be hit; to strikeAntonym: 外す
- あ 。
- He fired but missed.
2. to touch; to be in contact; to be affixed
3. to be equivalent to; to be applicable; to apply to
- The cherry blossom is to Japan what the rose is to England.
4. to be right on the money (of a prediction, criticism, etc.)
- あ 。
- Strange to say, his prediction has come true.
5. to be selected (in a lottery, etc.); to win
- あ 。
- I got a camera in a lottery.
6. to be successful; to go well; to be a hit
7. to face; to confront
8. to lie (in the direction of)
9. to undertake; to be assigned
10. to be stricken (by food poisoning, heat, etc.); to be afflicted
- He was poisoned by the globefish he ate.
11. to be called on (e.g. by a teacher)
12. to treat (esp. harshly); to lash out at
13. to be unnecessaryas 〜するには当たらない, etc.
14. to be hitting well; to be on a hitting streakBaseball, usu. as 当たっている
15. to feel a bite (in fishing)
16. (of fruit, etc.) to be bruised; to spoil
17. to feel (something) out; to probe into; to check (i.e. by comparison)
18. to shave
19. to be a relative of a person; to be a ... in relation to ...; to stand in a relationshipas 〜の〜に当たる
当る 【あたる】、中る 【あたる】、中たる 【あたる】
1. exactly; surely; certainly; justUsually written using kana alone, esp. 正に when in kanji
- つく 、
- Desktop publishing lets you produce books quickly and cheaply. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
2. right then; just then; at that momentUsually written using kana alone
- I was about to leave when you telephoned.
3. just (about to); on the verge (of doing or happening)Usually written using kana alone, esp. 将に when in kanji
4. duly; naturallyUsually written using kana alone, esp. 当に when in kanji
将に 【まさに】、当に 【まさに】
1. natural; reasonable; obvious
- おも 。
- We took his success for granted.
2. usual; common; ordinary; commonplace; the norm
- You cannot solve this problem in an ordinary way.
当り前 【あたりまえ】、あたり前 【あたりまえ】、当りまえ 【あたりまえ】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. injustice; impropriety; unreasonableness; undeserved; unfair; invalid
1. day in question; appointed day; that very day; the day (of issue, publication, etc.)
1. to apply (a rule); to be applicable; to come under (a category); to fulfill; to hold true
1. to run into; to collide with; to crash into; to bump against
2. to come to the end of (a street)
3. to run into (difficulties, problems, etc.); to run up against
突き当る 【つきあたる】、衝き当たる 【つきあたる】、衝き当る 【つきあたる】
1. end (of a street, hallway, etc.)
突き当り 【つきあたり】、突当り 【つきあたり】、突きあたり 【つきあたり】、つき当たり 【つきあたり】、突当たり 【つきあたり】