Words — 580 found
1. target; object (of worship, study, etc.); subject (of taxation, etc.)
2. Object (philosophy)An object is a technical term in philosophy often used in... Read more
1. opposition; resistance; antagonism; hostility; objection; dissent
2. reverse; opposite; inverse; contrary
1. to face
- でんじは 。
- I sit in front of a computer screen all day, so I get pretty heavily bombarded by electro-magnetic waves.
2. to go towards; to head towards
- Where are you bound for?
向う 【むかう】、対う 【むかう】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. facing; opposite; across the street; other side
向かい 【むかい】、対い 【むかい】
1. measure; provision; step; countermeasure; counterplan; countermove
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. dealing with (people, customers, complaints, etc.); receiving (callers, visitors, etc.); attending to; handling; serving
応待: Irregular kanji usage.
1. confrontation; opposition; antagonism
1. correspondence (to); equivalence
- That Japanese word has no equivalent in English.
2. suitability; coordination; matching; being appropriate (for)
- We have to bring our teaching methods up to date.
3. dealing with; coping with; handling; response; reception; reaction
- う 。
- I met with a cool, not to say hostile, reception.
4. compatibility (with technology, software, etc.); capability; support (for)
- I want to run a Windows 95 game.
1. equality (esp. of status, on equal terms); equivalence
2. equivalent; equal
1. extermination (e.g. of pests, demons, bandits); elimination; eradication; destruction; suppression
2. making someone renounce worldly desires in order to concentrate on Buddha's teachingsBuddhist term
3. curing illness
1. talk; dialogue; conversation
1. pair; couple; set
2. antithesisSee also 対句
3. counter for items that come in pairs
- The king of this country isn't a person, but a divine beast with three pairs of wings said to be in far away in the sky.
4. counter for sets (of clothes, small furniture, utensils, etc.)