Words — 404 found
1. authority; expert; connoisseur; well-informed person
- I hear that it has quite the reputation with coffee connoisseurs.
2. counter for messages, letters, notes, documents, etc.
- Here are some letters for you.
3. understanding (esp. of male-female relations); tact; insight
4. supernatural powers; magical powers
1. commuting to school; school commute
2. Student transportThis article is about the logistics of transporting stude... Read more
1. commuting to work
2. CommutingCommuting is regular travel between one's place of reside... Read more
1. interpretation (i.e. oral translation)
3. Language interpretationLanguage interpretation is the facilitating of oral or si... Read more
2. CurrencyIn economics, currency refers to a generally accepted med... Read more
1. passage; pathway; roadway; avenue; aisle
2. AisleAn aisle is, in general (common), a space for walking wit... Read more
1. to go by; to go past; to go along; to travel along; to pass through; to use (a road); to take (a route); to go via; to go by way of
- とお 。
- I go by that church every day.
2. to run (between; of a rail service, bus route, etc.); to operate (between); to connect
- とお 。
- Buses run between the station and the airport.
3. to go indoors; to go into a room; to be admitted; to be shown in; to be ushered in; to come in
4. to penetrate; to pierce; to skewer; to go through; to come through
- とお 。
- A bullet pierced the helmet.
5. to permeate; to soak into; to spread throughout
6. to carry (e.g. of a voice); to reach far
- とお 。
- Kelly's voice carries well.
7. to be passed on (e.g. of a customer's order to the kitchen); to be relayed; to be conveyed
8. to pass (a test, a bill in the House, etc.); to be approved; to be accepted
- おも 。
- I expect her to pass the examination easily.
9. to go by (a name); to be known as; to be accepted as; to have a reputation for
- とお 。
- She went by the name of Bess.
10. to be coherent; to be logical; to be reasonable; to be comprehensible; to be understandable; to make sense
- That's no excuse.
11. to get across (e.g. of one's point); to be understood
- とお 。
- There was no need for verbal communication.
12. to pass for; to come across as; to seem like
- This painting will pass for genuine.
13. to be straight (e.g. wood grain)
14. to be well-informed; to be wiseArchaism
15. to do ... completely; to do ... thoroughlyafter the -masu stem of a verb
徹る 【とおる】、透る 【とおる】
1. to go to and from (a place); to go back and forth between; to run between (e.g. bus, train, etc.); to ply between
2. to go to (school, work, etc.); to attend; to commute; to frequent
- Children of six and above should attend school.
4. to resemble
1. avenue; street; way; road
- なら 。
- There are large houses along the street.
2. coming and going; street traffic
3. flow (of water, air, etc.)
4. transmission (of sound); reach (e.g. of voice)
5. fame; reputation; popularity
6. the same status or way; as (e.g. as expected, as I said)
- People are not always what they seem.
7. understanding; comprehension
- That reads two different ways.
8. counter for sets of things; counter for methods, ways, types
1. to stick through; to force through
- The boy will have his own way.
2. to spread throughout; to thoroughly diffuse
3. to make a path between two points
4. to proceed in a logical mannerSee also 筋を通す すじをとおす
5. to let pass; to allow through
6. to lead (someone) into (a house, room, etc.); to show in
7. to go through (a middleman)
8. to (look, listen) through (a window, wall, etc.)
9. to pass (a law, applicant, etc.)
- The Upper House seems bent on defeating any reform bills.
10. to force to accept; to force agreement
11. to continue (in a state); to persist in
12. to do to the entirety of; to cover all of; to span the whole ...
13. to do from beginning to end without a breakin the form とおして…する
14. to convey (one's ideas, etc.) to the other party
15. to do to the end; to carry through; to completeafter the -te form of a verb
徹す 【とおす】、透す 【とおす】
1. passing through (a tunnel, station, town, etc.); passing by (e.g. of a typhoon); transit
- Watch out for passing cars.
2. passage (of a bill, e.g. through parliament); carriage
- The budget passed the Upper House.
3. passing (an examination, inspection, etc.); clearing; getting through (a preliminary round); qualification
1. correspondence; communication; transmission; news; signal; telecommunications
1. passage (of people or vehicles); passing (through); traffic
2. common usage; widespread use
1. to be open (to traffic); to lead to; to communicate (with)
2. to flow (liquid, current); to pass; to get through to
3. to be understood; to be comprehended
4. to be honored; to be good
5. to be well versed in; to be well-informed
6. to communicate clandestinely; to keep in touch (e.g. with the enemy)
7. to form a liaison; to be intimate
8. to spread widely; to disseminate
1. to go past; to pass; to pass by
1. notice; notification; report; posting
2. notification (on a smartphone, PC, etc.)Computing
1. popular use; circulation
2. to pass as; to pass for
- He looks so young for his age that he passes for a college student.
1. to happen to pass by
通り掛かる 【とおりかかる】、通り掛る 【とおりかかる】
Common word Links
1. communication satellite; Broadcast Satellite; BS
2. Communications satelliteA communications satellite (sometimes abbreviated to COMS... Read more