Words — 5502 found
1. department (in an organization); division; bureauhigher than a 課
- おこな 。
- The marketing department is responsible for pricing new service.
- There were so few proper members in the badminton club that it was half-way between dead and 'on break'.
3. part; component; element
5. counter for copies of a newspaper or magazine
JLPT N3 Links
1. one-tenth; one percent (one-tenth of a wari); 3 mm (one-tenth of a sun); 2.4 mm (one-tenth of a mon, a traditional unit used to measure shoe sizes); 0.1 degree (one-tenth of a do, used to measure body temperature on any temperature scale)
- う 。
- The loan bears an 8% interest.
2. one-quarter of a ryō (obsolete unit of currency)
4. advantageous circumstances
- The odds are in his favor.
5. one-tenth of a monme of silverSee also 匁 もんめ
1. the art of war; martial arts; military artsArchaism
2. military force; the sword
- まさ 。
- The pen is mightier than the sword.
3. valor; bravery
4. military officer; military man
1. bu; traditional unit of area, approx. 3.31 square metres
2. commission; percentage
3. exactly; preciselyfollowing a unit of area (e.g. 町, 段, 畝)
2. PorkPork is the culinary name for meat from the domestic pig,... Read more
ぶた肉 【ぶたにく】、豚肉 【とんにく】
1. culture; civilization; civilisation
- ちが 。
- The two regions differ in religion and culture.
2. Bunka era (1804.2.11-1818.4.22)
4. CultureWhen Culture first began to take its current usage by Eur... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. grape; grapevineUsually written using kana alone
3. GrapeA grape is a fruiting berry of the deciduous woody vines ... Read more
えび: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. LiteratureLiterature is the art of written work, and is not confine... Read more
2. GrammarIn linguistics, grammar is the set of structural rules th... Read more
1. stage (of a theatre, concert hall, etc.); (stage) performance
- お 。
- 'Madame Butterfly' is set in Nagasaki.
2. setting (of a story); scene
- The novel I'm writing next is set in a love hotel so I wanted to see what one actually looks like.
3. sphere (of activity); stage (e.g. political stage); scene; arena; world
5. Stage (theatre)In theatre or performance arts, the stage (sometimes refe... Read more
1. prices of commodities; prices (in general); cost-of-living
2. Price indexA price index is a normalized average of prices for a giv... Read more
2. AnalysisAnalysis is the process of breaking a complex topic or su... Read more
1. weapon; arms; ordnance
2. weapon (something used to gain an advantage); asset
3. WeaponA weapon, arm, or armament is a tool or instrument used i... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. material; substance
3. MatterMatter is anything that occupies space and has rest mass.... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. civilization; civilisation; culture
- The nineteenth century was the age of the white man's civilization.
2. Bunmei era (1469.4.28-1487.7.20)
3. CivilizationCivilization is a sometimes controversial term that has b... Read more
1. warrior; samurai
3. Samuraiis the term for the military nobility of pre-industrial J... Read more
武士 【もののふ】、武夫 【ぶふ】
1. writing; composition; essay; article; passage; prose; (writing) style
- His writing is very subjective.
2. sentenceSee also 文 ぶん
- ひっしゃ 、
- First, in order to get a feel for your favourite author's work, transcribe and copy in full.
文章 【もんじょう】、文章 【もんぞう】
もんじょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. もんぞう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. literary style
2. form of (written) language (e.g. classical, modern)
3. Style (fiction)In fiction, style is the manner, that is the codified ges... Read more