Words — 174 found
1. settlement; solution; resolution
2. Resolution (music)Resolution in western tonal music theory is the move of a... Read more
1. to understand; to comprehend; to grasp; to see; to get; to followUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- "I understand how you feel, Hiroshi," says Mike.
2. to become clear; to be known; to be discovered; to be realized; to be realised; to be found outUsually written using kana alone
- I understand that he's something of a famous personality.
3. I know!; I think so too!
解る 【わかる】、判る 【わかる】、分る 【わかる】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. release; unleashing; liberation; emancipation; setting free
2. deallocation (of computer memory)Computing
3. EmancipationEmancipation is a broad term used to describe various eff... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. cancellation; rescinding; release; calling off; lifting (sanctions); delisting
2. RescissionIn contract law, rescission has been defined as the unmak... Read more
1. to untie; to unfasten; to unwrap; to undo; to unbind; to unpack
2. to unsew; to unstitch
3. to solve; to work out; to answer
- The doctor is trying to solve many of the riddles of cancer.
4. to dispel (misunderstanding, etc.); to clear up; to remove (suspicion); to appease
- と 。
- He was relieved of his heavy responsibility.
5. to dissolve (a contract); to cancel; to remove (a prohibition); to lift (a ban); to raise (a siege)
6. to release (from duty); to relieve; to dismiss
7. to comb (out); to card; to untangle (hair)See also 梳く すく
- むす 。
- She combed her hair and bound it with a ribbon.
1. to be solved; to be resolved
- と 。
- Even the brightest student couldn't solve the problem.
2. to loosen; to come untied; to come undoneSee also 解ける ほどける
- My shoelaces came undone.
3. to be removed (of restrictions); to be lifted (e.g. a ban); to be broken (spells, curses, etc.)
- と 。
- It removes misunderstandings.
4. to dissipate (of anger, tension, etc.); to melt away; to ease; to be appeased; to be resolved (of a dispute, misunderstanding, etc.); to be cleared up
- When a solid melts, it becomes liquid.
1. breaking up (e.g. meeting); dispersing (e.g. crowd)
- The police broke up the crowd.
2. dissolving (company, organization, etc.); liquidating; disbanding
3. dissolving (diet, parliament, etc.)
- The prime minister dissolved the Diet.
1. explanation; commentary; exposition; elucidation
1. to melt; to thaw; to fuse熔ける, 鎔ける only used for metals; 解ける only used for ice and snow
2. to dissolve
- と 。
- Sugar dissolves in water.
融ける 【とける】、解ける 【とける】、熔ける 【とける】、鎔ける 【とける】
1. to melt into; to dissolve into; to merge into
2. to blend into (surroundings); to fit in; to adapt to; to integrate
解け込む 【とけこむ】、融け込む 【とけこむ】、溶込む 【とけこむ】、解込む 【とけこむ】、溶けこむ 【とけこむ】、とけ込む 【とけこむ】
1. to dissolveOnly applies to 溶かす, Only applies to 解かす, Only applies to 融かす
- と 。
- Dissolve sugar in hot water.
2. to melt熔かす and 鎔かす are used for metal
- Pour melted butter over the popcorn.
解かす 【とかす】、融かす 【とかす】、熔かす 【とかす】、鎔かす 【とかす】
1. dissection; autopsy
- The postmortem showed that she had been strangled.
1. discharge; dismissal
2. Termination of employmentInvoluntary termination is the employee's departure at th... Read more
Common word Links
1. deciphering; decoding
2. DeciphermentDecipherment is the analysis of documents written in anci... Read more
1. resolution (of a display, printer, scanner, etc.)
2. Image resolutionImage resolution is an umbrella term that describes the d... Read more
2. AnatomyAnatomy is a branch of biology and medicine that is the c... Read more
1. to undo; to untie; to unfasten; to unlace; to unravel; to loosen; to unpackUsually written using kana alone