1. to untie; to unfasten; to unwrap; to undo; to unbind; to unpack
2. to unsew; to unstitch
3. to solve; to work out; to answer
- The doctor is trying to solve many of the riddles of cancer.
4. to dispel (misunderstanding, etc.); to clear up; to remove (suspicion); to appease
- と 。
- He was relieved of his heavy responsibility.
5. to dissolve (a contract); to cancel; to remove (a prohibition); to lift (a ban); to raise (a siege)
6. to release (from duty); to relieve; to dismiss
7. to comb (out); to card; to untangle (hair)See also 梳く すく
- むす 。
- She combed her hair and bound it with a ribbon.
Log in to talk about this word.