1. idiot; moron; foolUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
- What a piece of folly!
3. stupid; foolish; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I decided not to do such a foolish thing.
4. fervent enthusiast; nut; person singularly obsessed with somethingUsually written using kana alone, usu. in compounds
5. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
6. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. destruction; disruption
- The typhoon destroyed many houses.
2. (application) crashComputer terminology
3. SubversionSubversion refers to an attempt to transform the establis... Read more
1. to break; to be smashed
2. to split; to crack; to fissure; to be torn
3. to be divided (opinion, vote, etc.); to split (e.g. of a party)
4. to come to light; to become clear; to be identified; to be revealed
5. to be distorted (of a sound)
6. to be divisible (without a remainder)
7. to go below a minimum
1. to tear; to rip; to break; to destroy
- Who has torn the envelope open?
2. to break through (cordon, opponent's defense, etc.); to breach
3. to defeat; to beat
4. to break (e.g. silence); to disturb (e.g. peace); to shatter (e.g. dream); to disrupt; to spoil
5. to violate (e.g. rule); to break (e.g. promise); to infringe
- Don't go back on your promise.
6. to break (a record)
1. fragment; broken piece; splinter; chip; shard
1. tearing up and discarding (e.g. documents); disposal (e.g. weaponry); destruction
- おも 。
- With respect to these documents, I think the best thing is to destroy them.
2. annulment; cancellation; abrogation; voiding; breaking (e.g. treaty)
- They called off their engagement.
3. reversal (of an original ruling)
1. panel; wainscoting; wainscottingOnly applies to 羽目
2. plight; fix; bind; awkward situation; difficult situation; messSee also 羽目になる
1. getting away from; escaping; defying
- いきをの 。
- Karl Lange's record breaking long jump took the crowd's breath away.
1. catastrophe; cataclysm; collapse (of a relationship); breakup; split (friends, lovers, etc.)
1. failure; collapse; breakdown; break-up; bankruptcy
1. chasm; interstice; crevice; crack; cleft; split; rift; fissureOnly applies to われめ
2. vulva; slit; cunt; vagina; twatVulgar, Slang
破れ目 【われめ】、割目 【われめ】、破目 【われめ】、ワレメ
割目: Irregular okurigana usage. 破目: Irregular okurigana usage.