Words — 1657 found
2. PondA pond is a body of standing water, either natural or man... Read more
1. field (for fruits, vegetables, etc.); cultivated land; vegetable plot; kitchen garden; plantation
- When spring comes, they dig up the fields and plant seeds.
2. field (of specialization); sphere; areaOnly applies to はたけ, ばたけ when suf
- そだ 。
- He has had a long teaching career.
3. womb; birth; birthplaceColloquialism, Only applies to はたけ
4. Field (agriculture)In agriculture, the word field refers generally to an are... Read more
畑 【はた】、畠 【はたけ】、畠 【はた】
1. date; dating
2. Calendar dateA date in a calendar is a reference to a particular day r... Read more
日付け 【ひづけ】、日附 【ひづけ】
日付け: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. draw (in competition); tie game
2. Tie (draw)To tie or draw is to finish a competition with identical ... Read more
1. nausea; sickness in the stomach
2. NauseaNausea (Latin nausea, from Greek ναυσίη, nausiē, "motion ... Read more
吐気 【はきけ】、吐きけ 【はきけ】、嘔き気 【はきけ】
1. reason; pretext; motive
わけ: Irregular kana usage.
1. sunburn; suntan; tan
- Christine stayed in the shade all day, because she didn't want to get a sunburn.
2. becoming discolored from the sun (e.g. paper); yellowing
- She was very brown after her holiday.
3. SunburnA sunburn is a burn to living tissue, such as skin, which... Read more
日やけ 【ひやけ】、陽焼け 【ひやけ】、日焼 【ひやけ】
日焼: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. reception (desk); information deskesp. 受付
- かざ 。
- There were beautiful flowers on the reception desk.
2. receipt; acceptanceSee also 受け付ける
受け付け 【うけつけ】、受付け 【うけつけ】、受け付 【うけつけ】
1. cliff; precipice
2. precipice; brink of a dangerous situation
3. CliffIn geography and geology, a cliff is a significant vertic... Read more
1. evening glow; red sunset; afterglow (of sunset)
2. AfterglowAn afterglow is a broad high arch of whitish or rosy ligh... Read more
夕焼: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. a family; a household; a home; one's family; whole family
- The Johnsons love to have parties.
2. (one's own) style; school
3. gang; (yakuza) family
1. defeat; loss; losing (a game)
2. failing to live up to (one's name, looks, etc.)See also 名前負け なまえまけ
3. discount; loss (on a sale)
1. moisture; humidity; dampness
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. chance; start; cue; excuse; motive; impetus; occasionUsually written using kana alone
切掛け 【きっかけ】、切っかけ 【きっかけ】、切掛 【きっかけ】、切っ掛 【きっかけ】、切かけ 【きっかけ】、キッカケ
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. chill; the shivers; shivering fitOnly applies to さむけ
- The sight made a chill run down my spine.
2. cold; coldness; cold airusu. かんき
- き 。
- She was wearing a thick coat against the chill.
寒け 【さむけ】、寒気 【かんき】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. seat; bench
2. temporary job while looking for a better job or until one marriesColloquialism
腰掛 【こしかけ】、腰かけ 【こしかけ】