Words — 7555 found
1. back; spine
- ま 。
- Jane was waiting with her back against the tree.
2. reverse; rear side
- た 。
- He stood with his back to the wall.
3. height; stature
- Tom is as tall as Jack.
4. ridge (of a mountain)
1. teacher; instructor; master
- Our teacher is a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
2. sensei; title or form of address for a teacher, master, doctor, lawyer, etc.Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- I had my composition corrected by Mr Jones.
3. intimate or teasing form of addressFamiliar language, Jocular, humorous term
4. one's elderArchaism, orig. meaning
5. SenseiSensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as... Read more
1. washing; laundry
2. relaxing; taking a breakoft. as 命の洗濯
3. LaundryLaundry is the washing of clothing and linens, the place ... Read more
洗たく 【せんたく】、洗濯 【せんだく】
せんだく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. business suitperhaps from "civil clothes" or "Savile Row"
2. Suit (clothing)For other garments (protective, etc) sometimes called sui... Read more
背広: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 脊広: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. SoapIn chemistry, soap is a salt of a fatty acid. Soaps are m... Read more
石けん 【せっけん】、石鹼 【せっけん】
石鹼: Out-dated kanji.
1. living; life (one's daily existence); livelihood
2. SeikatsuIn Japanese social science, seikatsu refers to a concept ... Read more
1. explanation; exposition
2. ExplanationAn explanation is a set of statements constructed to desc... Read more
1. the world; society; the universe
2. sphere; circle; world
3. world-renowned; world-famous
4. realm governed by one Buddha; spaceBuddhist term, original meaning
5. WorldWorld is a common name for the whole of human civilizatio... Read more
2. fighting; fierce competition
3. WarWar is an organized, armed, and often a prolonged conflic... Read more
1. politics; government
2. PoliticsPolitics (from Greek politikos "of, for, or relating to c... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. production; manufacture
2. Outline of industrial organizationThe following outline is provided as an overview of and t... Read more
1. back (of body)
2. Human backThe human back is the large posterior area of the human b... Read more
1. government; administration
2. GovernmentGovernment, refers to the legislators, administrators, an... Read more