Words — 5396 found
1. place; spot; space
- しら 。
- The party grew chilly.
2. field; discipline; sphere; realm
- This tie is not suitable for a situation like this.
3. occasion; situationSee also その場
4. scene (of a play, movie, etc.)
5. session (of the stock market)
6. area in which cards are laid out (in a card game)
8. fieldPhysics terminology
9. field (gestalt psychology)
10. Field (physics)In physics, a field is a physical quantity associated wit... Read more
Common word Links
1. if ... then; when
2. andoften ...も...ば...も...
3. why don't you...?
4. the more (one does something)often ...ば...ほど
5. because; sinceArchaism
1. explosion; detonation; eruption
- He was alarmed by the explosion.
2. eruption (of discontent, etc.); outburst; outpouring
- His constant complaints aroused my rage.
3. ExplosionAn explosion is a rapid increase in volume and release of... Read more
1. rainy season (in Japan from early June to mid-July)
- According to the weather forecast, the rainy season will set in before long.
2. rain during the rainy season
3. East Asian rainy seasonThe East Asian rainy season, commonly called the plum rai... Read more
梅雨 【ばいう】、黴雨 【つゆ】、黴雨 【ばいう】
1. fool; idiotUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
3. foolish; stupid; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
4. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
5. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. vast; huge; immense; enormous; colossal
2. malva nut (Sterculia lychnophora)
3. Sterculia lychnophoraSterculia lychnophora Hance (Malva nut tree or Taiwan swe... Read more
1. number; series of digits
- Gloria was easily the best singer of that evening.
2. counter for nights
1. dinner; evening meal
晩ご飯 【ばんごはん】、晩ごはん 【ばんごはん】
1. program (e.g. TV); programme
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. trade; buying and selling; trafficking (e.g. of humans, arms, drugs); dealing
2. Contract of saleA contract of sale is a legal contract an exchange of goo... Read more
1. place; location; spot; position
2. room; space
3. basho; wrestling tournamentSumo term
1. case; situation
1. grandmotherSee also 婆
祖母 【ばば】、祖母 【おおば】、祖母 【おば】、祖母 【うば】
1. twice; double
- た 。
- He ate twice as much as I did.
2. times; -fold
- That mountain is five times as high as this one.
2. alcohol with liquor added (esp. wine-based shochu highball, also beer with whiskey)Usually written using kana alone
3. BombA bomb is any of a range (short or long distance) of expl... Read more
1. urineしい,しし, and しと were primarily children's words
2. UrineUrine (from Latin Urina, ae, f. ) is a typically sterile ... Read more
尿 【ゆばり】、尿 【いばり】、尿 【ゆまり】、尿 【ばり】、尿 【しい】、尿 【しし】、尿 【しと】
ゆばり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. いばり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ゆまり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ばり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しと: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. emergency; unlikely eventlit. 1 in 10,000
2. by some chance; by some possibility
万一 【ばんいち】、万一 【まんいつ】、万一 【ばんいつ】
ばんいち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. まんいつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ばんいつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.