Words — 7188 found
1. work; job; labor; labour; business; task; assignment; occupation; employment
- おも 」「
- "I believe you like your job" "On the contrary, I hate it".
1. to raise; to elevateSee also 手を挙げる
- くだ 。
- If you have a question, please raise your right hand.
2. to do up (one's hair)See also 髪を上げる
- I also prefer it with the hair worn up.
3. to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.)
- The fireworks were set off on all sides.
4. to land (a boat)
- They drew the boat on the beach.
5. to deep-fryOnly applies to 揚げる
- あげ 。
- This chicken is fried well.
6. to show someone (into a room)
7. to givePolite (teineigo) language, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 上げる
- Do you sometimes give your sister money?
8. to send someone (away)
9. to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll
10. to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve
- あ 。
- The store raised all the prices.
11. to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice)See also 声を上げる
- い 。
- He cried out and ran away.
12. to earn (something desirable)
- あ 。
- He got wonderful results.
13. to praise
14. to give (an example, etc.); to citeusu. 挙げる
- きしゃ ：
- Reporter: Can you give me an example?
15. to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.)usu. 挙げる
- Fight with all your might.
16. to arrestOnly applies to 挙げる
17. to nominateOnly applies to 挙げる
- あ 。
- I put Paul's name forward as a possible candidate.
18. to summon (for geishas, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 揚げる
19. to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.)Only applies to 上げる
20. to bear (a child)
21. to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding)usu. 挙げる
- あ 。
- I held a wedding ceremony last month.
22. (of the tide) to come in
23. to vomit
24. to do for (the sake of someone else)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo) language, after the -te form of a verb
- I will show you how to solve it.
25. to complete ...See also 作り上げる, after the -masu stem of a verb
26. to humbly do ...Humble (kenjougo) language, See also 申し上げる, after the -masu stem of a humble verb to increase the level of humility
27. Deep fryingDeep frying is a cooking method in which food is submerge... Read more
挙げる 【あげる】、揚げる 【あげる】
2. MarriageMarriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a social u... Read more
1. to run
- Look at that boy running.
2. to run (of a vehicle); to drive; to travel; to move; to sail
- はし 。
- This train runs between Tokyo and Osaka.
3. to rush (to); to dash; to race
- はし 。
- He made a dash for the bus.
4. to retreat; to flee; to defect (to)
5. to run away; to abscond; to elopeocc. 奔る
6. to flash (of lightning); to streak; to shoot (through; e.g. of pain); to run (through); to flare; to flit (e.g. across one's face); to spread quickly (of news, shock, etc.)
- はし 。
- A shiver ran down my spine.
7. to go (e.g. bad, to extremes); to become; to turn; to take to (e.g. crime); to get carried away by (e.g. one's emotions); to get involved in; to get wrapped up inas 〜に走る; occ. 趨る
- Some children resort to suicide in order to escape from unbearable pressure.
8. to run (through; of a road, street, etc.); to extend (e.g. of a mountain range); to stretch; to lie
- はし 。
- The road wound through the fields.
9. RunningRunning is a means of terrestrial locomotion allowing hum... Read more
奔る 【はしる】、趨る 【はしる】
奔る: Rarely-used kanji form. 趨る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. travel; trip; journey; excursion; tour
2. TravelTravel is the movement of people or objects between relat... Read more
1. walk; stroll
2. StrollingStrolling is walking along or through at a leisurely pace... Read more
1. lesson; class work; teaching; instruction
2. LessonA lesson is a structured period of time where learning is... Read more
1. shopping; purchased goods
2. ShoppingShopping is the examining of goods or services from retai... Read more
買い物 【かいもん】、買物 【かいもの】、買物 【かいもん】、買いもの 【かいもの】、買いもの 【かいもん】、買いもん 【かいもの】、買いもん 【かいもん】
1. to become; to get; to grow; to turn; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
- When you go, I'll miss you very much.
2. to result in; to turn out; to end up; to prove (to be)Usually written using kana alone
- The news turned out true in a week.
3. to consist of; to be composed of; to be made up ofUsually written using kana alone, as ...からなる or ...よりなる
- な 。
- Nine players make up a team.
4. to be completed; to be realized; to succeed; to be attained; to be accomplishedUsually written using kana alone
5. to change (into); to turn (into); to transformUsually written using kana alone
6. to come (to do); to begin (to do); to grow (to do)Usually written using kana alone
7. to come to; to amount to; to add up to; to makeUsually written using kana alone
8. to play (the part of); to act asUsually written using kana alone
9. to be used for; to be useful for; to serve asUsually written using kana alone
10. to be promotedShogi
11. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Usually written using kana alone, as お + masu stem + になる, or ご + noun + になる
1. life; living
- You should try to live within your means.
2. livelihood; (one's) living
- You'll soon get used to living in the country.
3. SeikatsuIn Japanese social science, seikatsu refers to a concept ... Read more
1. to live; to exist
2. to make a living; to subsist
3. to be in effect; to be in use; to function
4. to come to life; to be enlivened
5. to be safe (in baseball, go, etc.)
6. To Live (film)To Live is a Chinese film directed by Zhang Yimou in 1994... Read more
活きる: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. fighting; fierce competition
3. WarWar is an organized, armed, and often a prolonged conflic... Read more
1. meeting; conference; session; assembly; council; convention; congress
2. MeetingFor multi-event athletic competitions see Track and Field... Read more
1. fault; trouble; breakdown; failure; being out of order
2. damage (to a part of the body); injury; hurt
3. problem; hitch; obstacle; hindrance
4. objection; protest
5. FailureFailure refers to the state or condition of not meeting a... Read more
1. graduation; completion (of a course)
- い 。
- After he left school, he went to London.
2. moving on (from); outgrowing (something); leaving (a group, company, etc.); quitting
- I feel I'm growing out of pop music.
3. GraduationGraduation is the action of receiving or conferring an ac... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
2. Human swimmingSwimming is movement through water using one's limbs, and... Read more
1. conversation; talk; chat
2. ConversationConversation is a form of interactive, spontaneous commun... Read more
1. trade (foreign)
2. International tradeInternational trade is the exchange of capital, goods, an... Read more
1. admission (to a school or university); entrance; enrolment; enrollment; matriculation
2. MatriculationMatriculation, in the broadest sense, means to be registe... Read more