Words — 2047 found
1. university; college
- You should go on to a technical college.
2. former imperial university of Japan (established under the ritsuryō system for the training of government administrators)Historical term, Abbreviation, See also 大学寮
- The majority of the successful candidates were university graduates.
3. the Great Learning (one of the Four Books)See also 四書
4. UniversityA university is an institution of higher education and re... Read more
大學: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. state (of the US, Australia, India, Germany, etc.); province (e.g. of Canada); county (e.g. of the UK); region (e.g. of Italy); canton; oblast
- Traveling to the southern states during the winter will be costlier than it is now.
3. province (of Japan)Historical term, See also 国
4. province (of ancient China); prefecture; departmentHistorical term
5. dearArchaism, after a person's name
6. Zhou (country subdivision)Zhou were historical political divisions of China. Formal... Read more
1. farmer; farming family
3. School of Agrarianism (China); School of AgronomistsHistorical term
4. FarmerA farmer is a person engaged in agriculture, who raises l... Read more
1. railway station; train station
2. staging post on a highway (in pre-modern Japan)Historical term
3. counter for railway stations and bus stations
驛: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. country; state
- おさ 。
- The king governed the country.
- ほっかいどう 富良野
- "From the North Country" is a TV drama produced by Fuji TV and set in Furano in Hokkaido.
3. national government; central government
4. home (i.e. hometown, home country)
- The scientist is famous both at home and abroad.
5. province (of Japan)Historical term, See also 国郡里制
6. land; earthArchaism
邦 【くに】、國 【くに】
國: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. Middle Ages (in Japan esp. the Kamakura and Muromachi periods); medieval times; mediaeval timesHistorical term
2. Middle AgesThe Middle Ages is a period of European history encompass... Read more
1. district; countyOnly applies to ぐん
- This is a map of the Toyono district.
2. district (of 2-20 50-home neighbourhoods or townships, in the ritsuryō period)Historical term, See also 国郡里制
3. commandery (in China)Historical term
4. Commandery (China)The commandery, also known as prefecture, was a historica... Read more
1. handcuffs; manacles
2. confinement in chains (Edo-era judicial corporal punishment)Historical term, Only applies to 手鎖
3. HandcuffsHandcuffs are restraint devices designed to secure an ind... Read more
手鎖 【てじょう】、手鎖 【てぐさり】
手鎖: Rarely-used kanji form. てぐさり: Irregular kana usage. 手鎖: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. new; neo-
- おこな 。
- The marketing department is responsible for pricing new service.
2. newness; novelty
3. Gregorian calendarAbbreviation, See also 新暦
4. Xin dynasty (of China; 9-23 CE); Hsin dynastyHistorical term
5. Xin DynastyThe Xin Dynasty was a Chinese dynasty (although strictly ... Read more
1. cloth; fabric; material; textile
- This cloth tears easily.
2. bujian (spade-shaped bronze coin of ancient China)Historical term, Only applies to ふ, See also 布銭
布 【ふ】、布 【にの】、布 【にぬ】
にの: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. にぬ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. present day; modern times; recent times
2. early modern period (in Japan, usu. from the Meiji Restoration until the end of World War II)Historical term, See also 明治維新
1. extension; elongation; prolongation; lengthening
- Can I extend my stay one more night?
2. Enchō era (923.4.11-931.4.26)Historical term
1. warrior (esp. of military retainers of daimyos in the Edo period); samuraiHistorical term
- さむらい 』
- ものがたり 。
- "The Nightingale Samurai" is a samurai tale full of humanity and humour.
2. man in attendance (on a person of high standing); retainerArchaism, Only applies to さぶらい
士 【さむらい】、侍 【さぶらい】
1. ancient burial mound; barrow; tumulusHistorical term
2. Kofun (hist. u)
3. KofunKofun (古墳, from Sino-Japanese "ancient grave") are megali... Read more
Common word Links
Common word Links