Words — 11374 found
1. freedom; liberty; as it pleases you
2. LibertyWhen human beings are able to govern themselves, they hav... Read more
1. abstaining from smoking; quitting smokingSee also 喫煙
- When will they turn off the no-smoking sign?
2. No Smoking!; Smoking Prohibited!on a sign
- どうよう 、
- りてん （
- たと 、
- Similarly, the strongest reasons for stopping are usually the short-term benefits (for example, feeling healthier and more attractive).
3. Smoking banSmoking bans (or smoke-free laws) are public policies, in... Read more
1. please give meUsually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- くだ 。
- I'd like to have some hot chocolate.
2. please do for meUsually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), after te-form of a verb or a noun prefixed with o- or go-
- Please show me your stamp album.
- What did the announcement just say?
2. how manyOnly applies to なん, See also 何か月, followed by a counter
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. large number of; manyOnly applies to なん, See also 何度も, See also 何日も, followed by (optional number), counter and も
- I know you're at an age where sexual desire flourishes and you want to do 'you-know-what' with 'that' but... well, sit down there.
4. you-know-what; that
5. whatsit; what's the expression; what do you call them
6. what?expressing surprise
7. hey!expressing anger or irritability
1. girl; daughter
2. young woman
女の児 【おんなのこ】、女のコ 【おんなのコ】、おんにゃのこ
1. boy; male child; baby boy
男の児 【おとこのこ】、男のコ 【おとこのコ】
男の児: Out-dated kanji.
1. to differ (from); to vary
- ちが 。
- I differ from you on that point.
2. to not be in the usual condition
- Is he mad that he should say such a foolish thing?
3. to not match the correct (answer, etc.)
- You're going the wrong way.
4. to be different from promisedSee also 話が違う
5. isn't it?; wasn't it?Kansai dialect, at sentence-end; oft. as 〜のと違うか
1. end; conclusion
- だいじょうぶ 、
- I can assure you that honesty pays in the long run.
2. last; final; latest; most recent
- The last part of the legend was added later.
3. no sooner than; once; right after (often having negative consequences)after -tara form or -ta form followed by "ga"
4. one's final momentsArchaism, See also 最期
1. to be helpful; to be useful
役にたつ 【やくにたつ】、やくに立つ 【やくにたつ】
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. sure; certain; positive; definite
- It is certain that he is wrong.
2. reliable; trustworthy; safe; sound; firm; accurate; correct; exact
- え 。
- I got the news from a reliable source.
3. If I'm not mistaken; If I remember correctly; If I remember rightly
- おも 。
- I believe this fish is a freshwater fish.
確 【たしか】、慥か 【たしか】
確: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. grass; weed; herb; thatch
3. not genuine; substandard
4. laughter; LOLSlang
艸: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. I see; that's right; indeedUsually written using kana alone
成る程 【なるほど】、成程 【なるほど】、成るほど 【なるほど】、ナルホド
1. nothing (with neg. verbs); not any
- つくりだ 。
- He who makes no mistakes makes nothing.
2. and everything else (with noun plus "mo"); all
- い 。
- I'm living on welfare, without a car or anything.
1. as a matter of fact; by the way; to tell you the truth; to be honest; frankly
1. society; the world; the times
1. just a minute; small quantity
少少 【しょうしょう】、小々 【しょうしょう】、小小 【しょうしょう】
1. in short; in a word; to sum up; to put it simply; to make a long story short; after all