Words — 12398 found
1. freedom; liberty
2. LibertyWhen human beings are able to govern themselves, they hav... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. abstaining from smoking; quitting smokingSee also 喫煙
- When will they turn off the no-smoking sign?
2. No Smoking!; Smoking Prohibited!on a sign
- どうよう 、
- りてん （
- たと 、
- Similarly, the strongest reasons for stopping are usually the short-term benefits (for example, feeling healthier and more attractive).
3. Smoking banSmoking bans (or smoke-free laws) are public policies, in... Read more
1. sweat; perspiration
- Wipe the sweat from your brow.
2. moisture; condensation
3. gulp; oopsInternet slang, often as （汗）
4. PerspirationPerspiration is the production of a fluid consisting prim... Read more
1. please (give me)Usually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- くだ 。
- I'd like to have some hot chocolate.
2. please (do for me)Usually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), after te-form of a verb or a noun prefixed with o- or go-
- Please show me your stamp album.
- What did the announcement just say?
2. you-know-what; that thing
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. whatsit; whachamacallit; what's-his-name; what's-her-name
4. (not) at all; (not) in the slightestwith neg. sentence
5. what?; huh?indicates surprise
- こしぬ ！
- What? You can't do it? You coward! Chicken!
6. hey!indicates anger or irritability
7. oh, no (it's fine); why (it's nothing); oh (certainly not)used to dismiss someone's worries, concerns, etc.
1. to differ (from); to vary
- ちが 。
- I differ from you on that point.
2. to not be in the usual condition
- Is he mad that he should say such a foolish thing?
3. to not match the correct (answer, etc.)
- You're going the wrong way.
4. to be different from promisedSee also 話が違う
5. isn't it?; wasn't it?Kansai dialect, at sentence-end; oft. as 〜のと違うか
1. end; conclusion
- だいじょうぶ 、
- I can assure you that honesty pays in the long run.
2. last; final; latest; most recent
- The last part of the legend was added later.
3. no sooner than; once; right after (often having negative consequences)after -tara form or -ta form followed by "ga"
4. one's final momentsArchaism, See also 最期
1. to be helpful; to be useful
役にたつ 【やくにたつ】、やくに立つ 【やくにたつ】
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. sure; certain; positive; definite
- It is certain that he is wrong.
2. reliable; trustworthy; safe; sound; firm; accurate; correct; exact
- え 。
- I got the news from a reliable source.
3. If I'm not mistaken; If I remember correctly; If I remember rightly
- おも 。
- I believe this fish is a freshwater fish.
確 【たしか】、慥か 【たしか】
確: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. grass; weed; herb; thatch
3. not genuine; substandard
4. LOL; hahaInternet slang, See also ｗ, multiple repetitions of "w" ("LOL") resembles grass: wwwwww
艸: Out-dated kanji.
1. I see; that's right; indeedUsually written using kana alone
成る程 【なるほど】、成程 【なるほど】、成るほど 【なるほど】、ナルホド
1. (not) anything; (nothing) at all; (not) any; nothingwith neg. verb
- つくりだ 。
- He who makes no mistakes makes nothing.
2. and everything else; and allas ...も何も
- い 。
- I'm living on welfare, without a car or anything.
3. (not) at all; (not) in the least; (not) especially; (not) to that extentas ...なくてもいい, ...ことはない, etc.
1. as a matter of fact; by the way; to tell you the truth; to be honest; frankly
1. society; the world; the times
1. just a minute; small quantity
少少 【しょうしょう】、小々 【しょうしょう】、小小 【しょうしょう】