Words — 77 found
Common word JLPT N3 Links
2. intelligent; clever; smartDated term
3. making sense (of something); understandingArchaism
4. InventionAn invention is a unique or novel device, method, composi... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. -ical; -ive; -al; -ic; -yused to form adjectives from nouns
2. -like; -ish; -sort of; -kind of
3. (something) like; along the lines ofColloquialism, used similarly to a quoting particle, esp. as 的な or 的なこと
4. -wise; in terms of; for; from the viewpoint of; from a ... standpoint; as far as ... is concernedColloquialism, after a noun or pronoun, esp. adverbially as ～に(は)
5. Mr.; Ms.; Mrs.Familiar language, Colloquialism, Dated term, used as a form of address with names, work titles, etc. to denote either light disdain or familiarity
1. close examination; careful investigation; close inspection; careful selection; inquiry; enquiry; scrutiny; testing
2. investigation of a crime; inquiry into someone's guiltDated term
3. winner (of the most rounds, i.e. a full game), Abbreviation, See also 吟味役
4. reciting and appreciating traditional poetryArchaism, orig. meaning
1. this; this oneUsually written using kana alone, See also それ, See also あれ, See also どれ, indicating an item near the speaker, the action of the speaker, or the current topic
- This is an interesting book.
2. this personUsually written using kana alone, usu. indicating someone in one's in-group
- This is my brother. Handsome, isn't he?
3. now; this point (in time)Usually written using kana alone, as これから, これまで, etc.
- べんきょう 。
- I will study English hard from now on.
4. hereDated term, Usually written using kana alone
5. used to stress the subject of a sentenceLiterary or formal term, Usually written using kana alone
6. I; meArchaism
是 【これ】、是れ 【これ】、之 【これ】、之れ 【これ】、維 【これ】、惟 【これ】、此 【これ】
此: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. when; at what time; how soonUsually written using kana alone
2. normal times; ordinary daysUsually written using kana alone, Dated term
1. I; me; myselfMale term or language, Dated term, nuance of arrogance
- Thinking about those sorts of things, I watched "Duck Soup" again.
2. we; us; ourselvesMale term or language, Archaism
吾輩 【わがはい】、我が輩 【わがはい】、吾が輩 【わがはい】、わが輩 【わがはい】
1. Christmas cake
2. unmarried woman above the age of 25Jocular, humorous term, Dated term
3. Christmas cakeChristmas cake is a type of fruitcake served at Christmas... Read more
1. studentDated term, Meiji and Taishō-era term
2. student who performs housework in exchange for meals and lodging; houseboy (attending school or university)
1. beginning (of writing); opening passage (sentence, paragraph, etc.)
2. written claim; billDated term
書出し 【かきだし】、書きだし 【かきだし】
1. (photographic) cameraDated term, See also カメラ
写真器: Irregular kanji usage.
1. piece of junk; worn-out article
2. clumsy; useless; no good; unreliable
3. dismantled car
4. hitting (with fist); strikingDated term
1. the boar, deer and butterfly cards (high-scoring meld)
2. inoshikacho (type of hanafuda gambling game), Dated term
1. unconquered savage; uncivilized aboriginalDated term
2. aboriginal Taiwanese tribes outside Qing China's jurisdictionHistorical term
生番 【せいばん】、生蛮 【せいばん】