Words — 1207 found
1. the world; society; the universe
2. sphere; circle; world
3. world-renowned; world-famous
4. realm governed by one Buddha; spaceBuddhist term, original meaning
5. WorldWorld is a common name for the whole of human civilizatio... Read more
1. the past; bygone days
2. one's past (that one would prefer remained secret)
3. past (tense); preterit; preterite
4. previous lifeBuddhist term
5. PastMost generally, the past is a term used to indicate the t... Read more
- It is most important to emphasize that none of these processes are conscious.
2. becoming aware (of); awareness; sense
- This cuisine is seasoned to evoke the esprit of Paris.
3. mano-vijnana (mental consciousness, cognizer of sensory information)Buddhist term
4. ConsciousnessConsciousness is a term that refers to the relationship b... Read more
1. wisdom; wit; sagacity; sense; intelligence
- He is a man of wisdom.
2. prajna (insight leading to enlightenment)Buddhist term, usu. 智慧
3. Wisdomof Wisdom]] Wisdom is a deep understanding and realizatio... Read more
智恵 【ちえ】、智慧 【ちえ】
1. idea; notion; concept; conception
- The idea of happiness is extremely abstract.
2. sense (e.g. of duty)
- な 。
- She has no sense of duty.
3. resignation; preparedness; acceptance
- I gave up all hope of survival.
4. observation and contemplation; meditationBuddhist term
5. IdeaAn idea is a concept or mental impression. Very often, id... Read more
1. world; society; publicOnly applies to 世
- やってき 。
- Light has come into the world.
2. life; lifetime
- Newspapers influence the current of time.
3. age; era; period; epoch; generation
4. reign; rule
5. the timesOnly applies to 世
6. world (of existence)Buddhist term, Only applies to 世
7. Series (stratigraphy)Series are subdivisions of rock layers made based on the ... Read more
1. beast (i.e. any animal other than man)
2. person reborn into the animal realmBuddhist term, See also 畜生道
3. brute (i.e. a contemptible human being)
4. damn it; damn; Christ; for Christ's sakeUsually written using kana alone
- ちくしょう 、
- Shit! I've got a flat.
5. Animals in BuddhismThe position and treatment of animals in Buddhism is impo... Read more
1. reality; actuality; truth; fact; actual conditions
- もと 。
- This story is based on actual events.
2. practice (as opposed to theory)
- Theory and practice do not necessarily go together.
3. truly; really; indeed; actually
- Man is indeed at the mercy of nature.
4. bhutakoti (limit of reality)Buddhist term
1. hindrance; obstacle; nuisance; disturbance; interruption; interference
2. to visit (someone's home)See also お邪魔します, as お〜
3. demon who hinders Buddhist training; demon who obstructs sentient beings from maintaining moral behaviourBuddhist term, orig. meaning
1. border; boundaryusu. さかい
2. turning point; watershedOnly applies to さかい, often ...を境に
3. area; region; spot; space; environmentusu. きょう
4. psychological state; mental stateusu. きょう
5. cognitive object; something perceptible by the sense organs or mindBuddhist term, Only applies to きょう
界 【さかい】、境 【きょう】
1. law; act; principle
- Everybody is equal before the law.
- おも 。
- I don't think this is a good approach to biology.
3. moodlinguistics terminology
4. dharma; lawBuddhist term
1. truth; reality
2. truly; really
3. absolute truthBuddhist term
しんじち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. extermination (e.g. of pests, demons, bandits); elimination; eradication; destruction; suppression
2. making someone renounce worldly desires in order to concentrate on Buddha's teachingsBuddhist term
3. curing illness
1. life and death
- That fight seemed like a life-or-death struggle.
2. samsara (cycle of death and rebirth)Buddhist term, Only applies to しょうし, Only applies to しょうじ
3. deathOnly applies to しょうし, Only applies to しょうじ
生死 【しょうし】、生死 【しょうじ】