Words — 1213 found
1. the world; society; the universe
2. sphere; circle; world
3. world-renowned; world-famous
4. realm governed by one Buddha; spaceBuddhism, original meaning
5. WorldWorld is a common name for the whole of human civilizatio... Read more
1. the present; present time; now
- げんざい 、
- つと 。
- We are currently working to restore normal service as soon as possible.
2. as ofafter a time, date, etc.
- The ruling party has secured 50 seats as of 5 o'clock.
3. present tenseGrammar
4. this world; this lifeBuddhism, See also 現世
5. to actually exist; to exist right now; to exist right in front of one
6. PresentThe present (or now) is the time that is associated with ... Read more
見在: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. the past; bygone days
2. one's past (that one would prefer remained secret)
3. past (tense); preterit; preteriteGrammar
4. previous lifeBuddhism
5. PastMost generally, the past is a term used to indicate the t... Read more
- It is most important to emphasize that none of these processes are conscious.
2. becoming aware (of); awareness; sense
- This cuisine is seasoned to evoke the esprit of Paris.
3. mano-vijnana (mental consciousness, cognizer of sensory information)Buddhism
4. ConsciousnessConsciousness is a term that refers to the relationship b... Read more
1. wisdom; wit; sagacity; sense; intelligence
- He is a man of wisdom.
2. prajna (insight leading to enlightenment)Buddhism, usu. 智慧
3. Wisdomof Wisdom]] Wisdom is a deep understanding and realizatio... Read more
智恵 【ちえ】、智慧 【ちえ】
1. idea; notion; concept; conception
- The idea of happiness is extremely abstract.
2. sense (e.g. of duty)
- な 。
- She has no sense of duty.
3. resignation; preparedness; acceptance
- I gave up all hope of survival.
4. observation and contemplation; meditationBuddhism
5. IdeaAn idea is a concept or mental impression. Very often, id... Read more
1. world; society; publicOnly applies to 世
- やってき 。
- Light has come into the world.
2. life; lifetime
- Newspapers influence the current of time.
3. age; era; period; epoch; generation
4. reign; rule
5. the timesOnly applies to 世
6. world (of existence)Buddhism, Only applies to 世
7. Series (stratigraphy)Series are subdivisions of rock layers made based on the ... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. beast (i.e. any animal other than man)
2. person reborn into the animal realmBuddhism, See also 畜生道
3. brute (i.e. a contemptible human being)
4. damn it; damn; Christ; for Christ's sakeUsually written using kana alone
- ちくしょう 、
- Shit! I've got a flat.
5. Animals in BuddhismThe position and treatment of animals in Buddhism is impo... Read more
1. reality; actuality; truth; fact; actual conditions
- もと 。
- This story is based on actual events.
2. practice (as opposed to theory)
- Theory and practice do not necessarily go together.
3. truly; really; indeed; actually
- Man is indeed at the mercy of nature.
4. bhutakoti (limit of reality)Buddhism
1. hindrance; obstacle; nuisance; disturbance; interruption; interference
2. to visit (someone's home)See also お邪魔します, as お〜
3. demon who hinders Buddhist training; demon who obstructs sentient beings from maintaining moral behaviourBuddhism, orig. meaning
1. border; boundaryusu. さかい
2. turning point; watershedOnly applies to さかい, often ...を境に
3. area; region; spot; space; environmentusu. きょう
4. psychological state; mental stateusu. きょう
5. cognitive object; something perceptible by the sense organs or mindBuddhism, Only applies to きょう
界 【さかい】、境 【きょう】
1. law; act; principle
- Everybody is equal before the law.
- おも 。
- I don't think this is a good approach to biology.
4. dharma; lawBuddhism
1. truth; reality
2. truly; really
3. absolute truthBuddhism
しんじち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. extermination (e.g. of pests, demons, bandits); elimination; eradication; destruction; suppression
2. making someone renounce worldly desires in order to concentrate on Buddha's teachingsBuddhism
3. curing illness