Words — 5153 found
1. fire; flame; blaze
2. FireFire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exotherm... Read more
1. day; daysOnly applies to 日
- む 。
- These clothes are not appropriate for a cold winter day.
2. sun; sunshine; sunlight
- あ 。
- This room does not get much sun.
3. case (esp. unfortunate); eventOnly applies to 日, as 〜した日には, 〜と来た日には, etc.
5. DayA day is a unit of time, commonly defined as an interval ... Read more
1. fault; error; mistake
2. going poorly; being disadvantageous; being unfavorable
3. un-; non-; an-
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. light; lamp; torch
2. CandlepowerCandlepower (abbreviated as cp) is a now-obsolete unit wh... Read more
灯火 【とうか】、燈火 【とうか】、灯 【ともしび】、灯火 【ともしび】、灯し火 【ともしび】、燭 【ともしび】、燈火 【ともしび】、ともし火 【ともしび】
灯し火: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. ratio; proportion
- ひ ４％
- The index rose 4% from the preceding month.
2. match; equal
3. explicit comparison (style of the Shi Jing)See also 六義
4. PhilippinesAbbreviation, See also 比律賓
5. in comparison with ...after a noun
7. RatioIn mathematics, a ratio is a relationship between two num... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. stone monument bearing an inscription (esp. memorial for future generations); stele; stela
石文 【いしぶみ】、碑 【ひ】
1. one壱, 弌 and 壹 are used in legal documents
- Pack eggs in dozens.
- This is the best Indian restaurant anywhere in Tokyo.
3. first; foremost
- おも 。
- I thought the highest mountain in Tsuyama was Takiyama.
4. beginning; start
5. a (single); one (of many)before a noun
6. ace (playing card)See also エース
7. bottom string (on a shamisen, etc.)
１ 【いち】、壱 【いち】、弌 【いち】、壹 【いち】
壹: Out-dated kanji.
1. female slaveArchaism
2. female servant; housemaidOnly applies to ひ
婢 【めのこやつこ】、女の子奴 【めのこやつこ】
1. cutting off the leg at the knee (form of punishment in ancient China)Archaism, See also 五刑