Words — 242 found
1. difficult; hard; troublesome; complicated; serious (disease, problem, etc.)Antonym: 易しい やさしい
- しつもん 。
- I asked her a difficult question.
2. impossible; unfeasiblePolite (teineigo) language, euphemistic
3. fussy; particular; fastidious; hard to please; displeased
4. gloomy; glum; sullen; serious (look)
5. dirty; unclean; filthy; detestableArchaism
6. unpleasant; uncomfortable; creepy; spookyArchaism
難しい 【むつかしい】、六借しい 【むずかしい】、六借しい 【むつかしい】、六ヶ敷い 【むずかしい】、六ヶ敷い 【むつかしい】
六借しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 六借しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 六ヶ敷い: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 六ヶ敷い: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. painful; difficult; tough; hard
- くる 、
- It's so painful. Stop it!
2. distressing; (psychologically) difficult; stressful; awkward (e.g. position)
- He meditated on his past life of suffering.
3. straitened (circumstances); tight (financial situation); needy; struggling
- くる 。
- His family is rather badly off.
4. strained (interpretation, explanation, etc.); lame (e.g. excuse); forced (e.g. smile); far-fetched
1. difficult; tough; formidable; redoubtable; stubborn
1. subtle; delicate; fine
- There are subtle differences between the two pictures.
2. difficult; complex; tricky; delicate (situation, position, etc.); close (e.g. decision)
- The customer's complaint was about a sensitive issue.
3. doubtful; questionable; dicey
- There are doubts as to whether or not Tom will be able to participate in the next Olympics.
4. not great; iffyColloquialism, oft. ビミョー
1. severe; strict; rigid; unsparing; relentless
- He was subjected to severe criticism.
2. hard (to do); difficult; tricky
- な 。
- However hard the training was, she never cried.
3. intense (e.g. cold); harsh (weather); inclement
- きび 。
- The tundra has a harsh climate.
1. painful; bitter; heart-breaking; difficult (emotionally)Usually written using kana alone
2. tough; difficult; hard (usu. of situations)Usually written using kana alone, See also 辛い づらい
3. cruel; harsh; coldUsually written using kana alone
1. seductive; carnal; enchanting
- み 。
- She looked at me seductively.
2. troubling; difficult; thorny; hard
3. anxious; uneasy
1. troublesome; difficult (e.g. customer, guest, child); laborious (e.g. task, dinner)Idiomatic expression, See also 手が掛かる
1. very; greatly; terribly; awfully
- つか 。
- I am dead tired from walking around all day.
2. immense; enormous; great
- おも 。
- At the risk of sticking my neck out, I think that if we do that, we're making a big, big mistake.
3. serious; grave; dreadful; terrible
- There will be hell to pay if I don't make this deadline.
4. difficult; hard
5. major incident; disasterArchaism
1. inconvenient; inexpedient; unfavourable; troublesome; difficult
2. wrong; improper; objectionable; unjustifiable
1. difficult; hard; troublesome; complicated; serious (disease, problem, etc.)
1. to be unable to; to find difficult (unpleasant, awkward, painful) to doUsually written using kana alone, See also 兼ねない
- ざんねん 、
- As such is the case, I am sorry I can't accept your kind invitation.
2. to serve two or more functions or roles simultaneously; to contain (or combine) two or more features
- I want to get a job that mixes work and play.
3. to work in two or more jobs simultaneously (positions, etc.); to do alongside
4. to hesitate to do something (out of consideration for others)
5. to think of the future (as well as the present)
1. difficult situation; adverse circumstances; predicament; trouble; dilemma; distress