1. to be unable to; to find difficult (unpleasant, awkward, painful) to doUsually written using kana alone, See also 兼ねない
- ざんねん 、
- As such is the case, I am sorry I can't accept your kind invitation.
2. to serve two or more functions or roles simultaneously; to contain (or combine) two or more features
- I want to get a job that mixes work and play.
3. to work in two or more jobs simultaneously (positions, etc.); to do alongside
4. to hesitate to do something (out of consideration for others)
5. to think of the future (as well as the present)
Log in to talk about this word.