Words — 46 found
1. to meet; to encounter; to see逢う is often used for close friends, etc. and may be associated with drama or pathos; 遭う may have an undesirable nuance
- おぼえ 。
- I remember seeing him before.
2. to have an accident; to have a bad experienceUsually written using kana alone, esp. 遭う when in kanji
逢う 【あう】、遭う 【あう】、遇う 【あう】
1. one's circumstances; environment; situation (in life)
1. treatment; reception; service
2. working conditions; salary; pay; remuneration
1. once in a lifetime (opportunity); (a golden opportunity that may) happen only once in a thousand yearsYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. encounter; being confronted with (e.g. difficulty); meeting with (e.g. accident)
1. improvement of labor conditions (labour)Yojijukugo (four character compound)
1. favorable treatment; favourable treatment; hospitality; warm reception; good treatment; hearty welcome
1. most favourable treatment; most favorable treatment; very warm reception
1. to treat; to handle; to deal withUsually written using kana alone
2. to arrange; to decorate; to dress; to garnishUsually written using kana alone, occ. 配う
遇らう: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to have a bad time; to go through a bitter experience; to get into trouble; to get hurt; to sufferSee also 目にあう めにあう
ひどい目に遭う 【ひどいめにあう】、酷い目に遭う 【ひどいめにあう】、酷い目にあう 【ひどいめにあう】、ひどい目に会う 【ひどいめにあう】、酷い目に会う 【ひどいめにあう】、酷い目に合う 【ひどいめにあう】、ひどい目に合う 【ひどいめにあう】、酷い目に遇う 【ひどいめにあう】
酷い目に合う: Irregular kanji usage. ひどい目に合う: Irregular kanji usage.
1. most favored nation treatment; most favoured nation status
2. Most favoured nationIn international economic relations and international pol... Read more
1. encounter; engagement; battle
2. Meeting engagementA meeting engagement, a term used in warfare, is a combat... Read more