Words — 1267 found
1. eye; eyeball
- い 。
- Right, I said, shivering at this recital as a man would who gets hysterical while taking a shower if a bit of soap stings his eye.
2. eyesight; sight; visionSee also 目が見える
- Helen Keller was blind, deaf and mute.
3. look; stare; gaze; glance
- なが 。
- He regarded her with worship in his eyes.
4. notice; attention; observation; eyes (of the world, public, etc.)
5. an experience
7. discrimination; discernment; judgement; eye (e.g. for quality)
8. (an) appearance
9. chance (of success); possibility (of a good result)See also 目がない
10. spacing (between crossed strands of a net, mesh, etc.); opening; stitch; texture; weaveSee also 編み目
11. grain (of wood)
12. eye (of a storm, needle, etc.)
13. intersection (on a go board); square (on a chessboard)
14. dot (on a dice); pip; rolled number
15. graduation; division (of a scale)
16. tooth (of a saw, comb, etc.)
17. ordinal number suffix
- Turn right at the second corner.
18. somewhat; -ishUsually written using kana alone, See also 大きめ, after adjective stem
20. EyeEyes are organs that detect light and convert it into ele... Read more
1. no good; not serving its purpose; useless; brokenUsually written using kana alone
- I wore out two pairs of jogging shoes last year.
2. hopeless; wasted; in vain; purposelessUsually written using kana alone
- It's all over.
3. cannot; must not; not allowedUsually written using kana alone
- Don't sit up late at night.
4. neutral point (in go); intersection owned by neither player at the end of a game
1. purpose; goal; aim; objective; intention
1. goal; target; aim; objective
2. mark; sign; landmark
1. (school) subject; curriculum; course
2. item; heading; entry
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. serious; honest; sober; grave; earnest; steady
真面目: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 眞面目: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. item; heading; category; clause
2. headword (in a dictionary, encyclopedia, etc.); entrySee also 見出し語
1. mark (for quick identification or recognition); sign
- つ 。
- She put a red ribbon on her umbrella as a mark.
2. landmark; guide
- くだ 。
- I wish to know a landmark nearby so I can find my way there.
3. trademarkArchaism, Edo period term
目標 【めじるし】、目じるし 【めじるし】
1. to aim at (for, to do, to become); to try for; to have an eye on
- Education shouldn't be aimed at passing a test.
2. to go toward; to head for
- めざ 。
- Americans are all heading north to the land of opportunity.
目差す 【めざす】、目ざす 【めざす】
1. to be conspicuous; to stand out
1. miserable; wretched; unhappy; sad; pitiable
不見目: Irregular kanji usage.
1. absurd; unreasonable; nonsensical; preposterous; incoherentUsually written using kana alone
2. extreme; senseless; reckless; wantonUsually written using kana alone
- I feel a lot better now, but I know Dad's going to be real upset.
3. disorderly; chaotic; confused; messyUsually written using kana alone
- The earthquake smashed everything.
4. incredibly; really; so; superUsually written using kana alone
目茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 滅茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. dizziness; giddiness; vertigoUsually written using kana alone
眩暈 【めまい】、目まい 【めまい】、目眩い 【めまい】、眩暈 【げんうん】
目眩い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. nonsense; irresponsible remark; codswallop; hogwash; rubbishUsually written using kana alone
- He seduced her with false promises.
2. random; haphazard; unsystematicUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He put the books on the shelf out of order.
出鱈目: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. eyelidUsually written using kana alone
目蓋 【まぶた】、眼蓋 【まぶた】、瞼 【まなぶた】
まなぶた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.