Words — 347 found
1. answer; reply; response; solution
答 【こたえ】、応え 【こたえ】、報え 【こたえ】、答え 【いらえ】、応え 【いらえ】
1. reaction; response
1. to respond; to satisfy; to accept; to comply with; to apply for
1. more or less; though not quite satisfactorily; after a fashion; pretty much; roughly; so far as it goes
2. tentatively; for the time being
3. just in case
1. aid; assistance; help; support; reinforcement
- I will stand by you whatever happens.
2. cheering; rooting (for); support
- She cheered for her favorite horse.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. dealing with (people, customers, complaints, etc.); receiving (callers, visitors, etc.); attending to; handling; serving
応待: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. correspondence (to); equivalence
- That Japanese word has no equivalent in English.
2. suitability; coordination; matching; being appropriate (for)
- We have to bring our teaching methods up to date.
3. dealing with; coping with; handling; response; reception; reaction
- う 。
- I met with a cool, not to say hostile, reception.
4. compatibility (with technology, software, etc.); capability; support (for)
- I want to run a Windows 95 game.
1. appropriate; adequate; suitable; fitting; worthyUsually written using kana alone
1. (organ) rejectionYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. unthinking dismissal; strong reaction (against)
- I don't know whether she believed me or not but in any case it seems she doesn't automatically dismiss talk of the supernatural.
3. Transplant rejectionTransplant rejection occurs when transplanted tissue is r... Read more
1. adaptation; accommodation; conforming; adjustment
2. acclimatization; acclimatisationBiology term
3. AcclimatizationAcclimatization it is the process in an individual organi... Read more
1. to respond; to answer; to meet (e.g. demands, expectations)Only applies to 応える, Only applies to 報える
- You ought to live up to your parents' hopes.
2. to affect; to take a toll; to strike home; to have an effect on; to be hard on someone (e.g. heat, cold, work, illness, etc.); to be a strainSee also 堪える, sometimes 堪える
- It is beginning to tell on him.
報える 【こたえる】、徹える 【こたえる】
1. suitable; appropriate; befitting; becoming; adequate; reasonable; proper
2. conjoining; association; samprayuktaBuddhist term
1. exchange; reciprocation; give-and-take; return
- The enemy answered our fire.
2. reply; riposte
1. hailing each other
2. acting in concert; responding (to); sympathizing (with)
3. agreement; concordlinguistics terminology
1. retort; back talk; backchat
口ごたえ 【くちごたえ】、口応え 【くちごたえ】
口応え: Irregular kanji usage.