Words — 86 found
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. exactly; surely; certainly; justUsually written using kana alone, esp. 正に when in kanji
- つく 、
- Desktop publishing lets you produce books quickly and cheaply. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
2. right then; just then; at that momentUsually written using kana alone
- I was about to leave when you telephoned.
3. just (about to); on the verge (of doing or happening)Usually written using kana alone, esp. 将に when in kanji
4. duly; naturallyUsually written using kana alone, esp. 当に when in kanji
将に 【まさに】、当に 【まさに】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. by no means; never!; well, I never!; you don't say!; certainly (not)Usually written using kana alone
2. something unexpected; emergencyUsually written using kana alone, See also まさかの時
3. currently; for the time being; presently; for nowUsually written using kana alone, Archaism
4. indeed; really; truly; unexpectedlyUsually written using kana alone, Obscure term, See also 本当に
1. to excel; to surpass; to exceed; to have an edge; to be superior; to outrival
- まさ 。
- Sleep is better than medicine.
2. to outweigh; to preponderate
JLPT N1 Links
1. certainly; surely; undoubtedly; evidently; really; trulyUsually written using kana alone
2. just; precisely; exactlyUsually written using kana alone
1. to finger; to touch; to play with; to fiddle with; to toy withUsually written using kana alone
- Don't play with that key!
2. to make changes to; to tinker with; to tamper withUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to いじる
- The documents were tampered with.
3. to dabble in; to do as a hobby; to play around withUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to いじる
- The kid is clanging away with his toy.
4. to grope; to feel around (in one's pocket, bag, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to まさぐる
- いじ 。
- Paul is always groping women.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. MassageMassage is the manipulating of superficial and deeper lay... Read more
1. Japanese spindletree (Euonymus japonicus)
2. Euonymus japonicusEuonymus japonicus, commonly known as the Japanese Spindl... Read more
1. famous sword; sword blade by Masamune
2. sake; Japanese rice wine; brand of sake from Nada region during Tenpō era (1830-1844)Colloquialism
3. Masamune, also known as Gorō Nyūdō Masamune (五郎入道正宗, Priest Gorō ... Read more
1. chub mackerel (Scomber japonicus)Usually written using kana alone
2. Chub mackerelThe chub mackerel, Scomber japonicus, also known as the P... Read more
1. fricative; fricative consonantlinguistics terminology
2. Fricative consonantFricatives are consonants produced by forcing air through... Read more
1. Asiatic jasmine (Trachelospermum asiaticum); Asian jasmineArchaism, See also 定家葛