Words — 148 found
1. suburb; residential area on the outskirt of a city; commuter belt
2. SuburbThe word suburb mostly refers to a residential area, eith... Read more
1. outside; exterior
- で 、
- You have to be outside something, able to experience it from a distance, before it makes sense.
2. open air
- Let's occasionally change where we go to eat out.
3. other place
- Our house, our rules.
と: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. foreign; abroad; overseas
1. with the exception of; excepting
1. unexpectedly; surprisingly
2. unexpected; unanticipated; unforeseen; surprising
1. another place; somewhere else; strange partsUsually written using kana alone, See also 他所 たしょ
2. outside (one's family or group); those peopleUsually written using kana alone, Antonym: 内 うち
3. unrelated matterUsually written using kana alone, See also よそにする, often as 〜をよそに, 〜をよそにして, etc.
他所 【よそ】、外 【よそ】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. outdoors; outside; open air
2. fields; outskirts; suburbs
1. other (place, thing, person); the rest
2. outside; beyondUsually written using kana alone, esp. 外
3. nothing except; nothing but; nothing apart from; nothing aside from; no choice (but to)Usually written using kana alone, See also ほかない, as 〜ほか〜ない, usu. after より or the dictionary form of a verb
4. besides...; in addition to...often as ほかに
1. etc.; otherwise; besides; in addition; the rest; the others; and so forthそのた is the more common reading when written
2. Et ceteraEt cetera is a Latin expression that means "and other thi... Read more
その他 【そのた】、その外 【そのほか】、その外 【そのた】、其の他 【そのほか】、其の他 【そのた】
1. estrangement; neglect; alienation
2. casting out; ostracism; giving the cold shoulder
3. Social alienationAlienation refers to estrangement, division, or distancin... Read more
1. out of the question; outrageous; impossible
2. irrelevant; not pertinent
1. inside and outside; interior and exterior
2. inside and outside the country; home and abroad; domestic and foreignOnly applies to ないがい
3. around; about; approximately