Words — 411 found
- What did the announcement just say?
2. you-know-what; that thing
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. whatsit; whachamacallit; what's-his-name; what's-her-name
- I know you're at an age where sexual desire flourishes and you want to do 'you-know-what' with 'that' but... well, sit down there.
4. (not) at all; (not) in the slightestwith neg. sentence
5. what?; huh?indicates surprise
6. hey!indicates anger or irritability
7. oh, no (it's fine); why (it's nothing); oh (certainly not)used to dismiss someone's worries, concerns, etc.
1. always; usually; every timeUsually written using kana alone
- I'm always writing weird and hoopy stuff so I'm sure it's difficult to comment on.
2. neverUsually written using kana alone, with neg. verb
- I'm never at home on Sundays.
- Where do you watch television?
2. how much (long, far); what extentUsually written using kana alone
何処 【いどこ】、何所 【どこ】、何所 【いどこ】、何處 【どこ】、何處 【いどこ】、何処 【いずこ】、何処 【いずく】、何処 【いづこ】
いどこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. いどこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 何處: Out-dated kanji. いどこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 何處: Out-dated kanji. いずく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. いづこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. whoUsually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
1. why; howUsually written using kana alone
何故 【なにゆえ】、何ゆえ 【なにゆえ】
1. how; in what way; by what meansUsually written using kana alone, See also どうやって
- How did the news get out?
2. why; for what reason; for what purpose; what forUsually written using kana alone
- Why should I apologize to you?
3. cannot possiblyUsually written using kana alone
4. no wayUsually written using kana alone, often as どうして、どうして
1. (not) anything; (nothing) at all; (not) any; nothingwith neg. verb
- つくりだ 。
- He who makes no mistakes makes nothing.
2. and everything else; and allas ...も何も
- い 。
- I'm living on welfare, without a car or anything.
3. (not) at all; (not) in the least; (not) especially; (not) to that extentas ...なくてもいい, ...ことはない, etc.
1. why?; what for?Usually written using kana alone
- I wonder why tennis is played in mini-skirts.
2. how?; by what means?
- How did you come here?
1. by all means; at any cost; no matter what; at any rate; surelyUsually written using kana alone
- She will have her own way.
2. whether (one is) willing or not; willingly or unwillingly; willy-nillyUsually written using kana alone
3. on no account; by no meansUsually written using kana alone, with. neg. verb
- おぼ 。
- I'm sorry to say I don't remember your name.
4. in the end; in the long run; after all; eventuallyUsually written using kana alone
- Your help is indispensable for the success of the scheme.
1. (at) any time; always; at all times; wheneverUsually written using kana alone, See also 何時だって
1. forever; for good; eternally; as long as one likes; indefinitely; no matter whatUsually written using kana alone
1. quite; really; very; extremely
2. nothing; not a bit; not at allwith neg. verb
1. some; any; (a) little; of some kind; of some sort
3. anyway; anyhow; at any rate; after all
1. before one knows; before one becomes aware of; unnoticed; unawares
1. somehow or other; for some reason or another; without knowing whyUsually written using kana alone
何となく 【なにとなく】、何と無く 【なんとなく】、何と無く 【なにとなく】
1. what; how
2. what (a) ...!; how ...!Usually written using kana alone, indicates surprise, admiration, etc.
3. surprisingly; to my amazement; believe it or not; why, ...!Usually written using kana alone
4. oh my; wowUsually written using kana alone
5. well, ...; so, ...Usually written using kana alone, used when asking for confirmation or approval
1. above anything else; above all; more than anything
- The most important thing is thinking for oneself.
2. best; greatest; excellent; wonderful; most important
- おも 。
- I count myself lucky in having good health.
1. (a) little; somewhat; somehowUsually written using kana alone