Words — 145 found
- What did the announcement just say?
2. you-know-what; that thing
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. whatsit; whachamacallit; what's-his-name; what's-her-name
4. (not) at all; (not) in the slightestwith neg. sentence
5. what?; huh?indicates surprise
- こしぬ ！
- What? You can't do it? You coward! Chicken!
6. hey!indicates anger or irritability
7. oh, no (it's fine); why (it's nothing); oh (certainly not)used to dismiss someone's worries, concerns, etc.
1. whatSee also 何
- What is he up to now?
2. how manySee also 何か月, followed by a counter
- いえ 、
- How many cats are there in this house?
- さが 。
- I inquired about the book in many stores.
4. several; a few; someSee also 何日か, followed by a counter and か
- み 。
- You see some trees in front of the school.
1. why?; what for?Usually written using kana alone
- I wonder why tennis is played in mini-skirts.
2. how?; by what means?
- How did you come here?
1. (at) any time; always; at all times; wheneverUsually written using kana alone, See also 何時だって
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. really; very; extremely; terribly; awfully
2. (not) anything; (not) at all; (not) a bitwith neg. verb
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. somehow or other; for some reason or another; without knowing whyUsually written using kana alone
何となく 【なにとなく】、何と無く 【なんとなく】、何と無く 【なにとなく】
1. what; how
- What do you call this insect in English?
2. what (a) ...!; how ...!Usually written using kana alone, indicates surprise, admiration, etc.
- What a wonderful invention!
3. surprisingly; to my amazement; believe it or not; why, ...!Usually written using kana alone
- Who should I meet but Tom?
4. oh my; wowUsually written using kana alone
5. well, ...; so, ...Usually written using kana alone, used when asking for confirmation or approval
1. (a) little; somewhat; somehowUsually written using kana alone
1. how ...!; what ...!Usually written using kana alone
- What a big eater he is!
2. what?; what's that?
- のりと ？」「
- "What is she saying?" "You don't even know 'norito'?" "Norito?" "It's something like a Shinto spell."
1. something or other; one thing or another; this or thatUsually written using kana alone
何だ彼だ 【なんだかんだ】、何だかだ 【なんだかだ】、何だ彼だ 【なんだかだ】
1. something; some; any
2. somehow; for some reason
3. (is there) something (you want, etc.)
- なに ？」
- "Might you happen to be Mr. Ogawa?" "Well, yes ... can I help you?"
1. any; anything; whatever; whatever one likes; everything; allUsually written using kana alone
2. I am told; I hear; I understand; they sayUsually written using kana alone, at start of sentence
1. something; something or other; so-and-soUsually written using kana alone
2. somehow; anyhow; one way or anotherUsually written using kana alone, handling, dealing with
- うご 。
- He managed to run the machine.
1. how many times
2. how many degrees (temperature, angle, etc.)
1. (not) in any way; (not) at all; (none) whatsoeverwith neg. verb
2. what kind of
- え 。
- The old place has not obtained the result at all.
何ら 【なにら】、何等 【なんら】、何等 【なにら】
なにら: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なにら: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.