Words — 30 found
1. alienation; estrangement; leaving (someone) out; casting out; cutting off; avoiding; giving the cold shoulder
2. Social alienationAlienation refers to estrangement, division, or distancin... Read more
疏外: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. (mutual) understanding; communication
- し 。
- The fact that television frequently limits communication within families is already well known.
2. passing without obstruction
疏通: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. estrangement; alienation; neglecting to stay in contact
1. faint memory; vague memory; dim memory; vague recollection
うろ憶え 【うろおぼえ】、疎覚え 【うろおぼえ】
うろ憶え: Rarely-used kanji form. 疎覚え: Irregular kanji usage.
1. dispersal; evacuation; removal
2. spreading out (troops); deployment
3. Evacuations of civilians in Japan during World War IIAbout 8.5 million Japanese civilians were displaced from ... Read more
1. sparse woods
2. WoodlandWoodland is a low-density forest forming open habitats wi... Read more
1. wanting to remain distant; alienation; estrangement; unfriendlinessArchaism, usu. in the negative, e.g. as 〜なく
1. compressional wave; longitudinal wave; dilatational wave; wave of condensation and rarefactionPhysics