Words — 47 found
1. alienation; estrangement; leaving (someone) out; casting out; cutting off; avoiding; giving the cold shoulder
2. Social alienationAlienation refers to estrangement, division, or distancin... Read more
疏外: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. (mutual) understanding; communication
- し 。
- The fact that television frequently limits communication within families is already well known.
2. passing without obstruction
疏通: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. negligent; neglectful; careless; remissUsually written using kana alone, See also 疎かにする おろそかにする
- It is silly of you to neglect your studies.
1. estrangement; alienation; neglecting to stay in contact
1. sparse; thin; scattered; straggling; sporadicUsually written using kana alone
疏ら: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word Links
1. not to mention ...; needless to say ...; not to speak of ...; not only ...Usually written using kana alone, after 〜は or 〜も
2. negligent; neglectful; careless; remissUsually written using kana alone, Archaism, See also 疎か おろそか
- い 。
- My companion said that she was too tired to walk, let alone run.
1. distant (from someone); aloof; estranged
- うと 。
- Out of sight, out of mind.
2. knowing little (of); ill-informed (about); ignorant (of); unfamiliar (with); unacquainted (with)Antonym: 詳しい, usu. as 〜に疎い
- うと 。
- I know little of the recent situation.
1. faint memory; vague memory; dim memory; vague recollection
うろ憶え 【うろおぼえ】、疎覚え 【うろおぼえ】
うろ憶え: Rarely-used kanji form. 疎覚え: Irregular kanji usage.
1. dispersal; evacuation; removal
2. spreading out (troops); deployment
3. Evacuations of civilians in Japan during World War IIAbout 8.5 million Japanese civilians were displaced from ... Read more
1. to neglect; to ignore; to disregard; to make light ofUsually written using kana alone
1. sparse woods
2. WoodlandWoodland is a low-density forest forming open habitats wi... Read more
1. compressional wave; longitudinal wave; dilatational wave; wave of condensation and rarefactionPhysics
1. wanting to remain distant; alienation; estrangement; unfriendlinessArchaism, usu. in the negative, e.g. as 〜なく