Words — 2072 found
1. model; type (e.g. of machine, goods, etc.)
- Thank you for letting me know that the Model 600-J printer will not be available until May 4, 1997.
2. type; style; patternSee also 朝型, がた when a suffix
- She wore heart-shaped earrings.
3. mold (mould); template; model
- つく 。
- The statue was cast in a mold.
4. kata (standard form of a movement, posture, etc. in martial arts, sport, etc.)
5. form (i.e. customary procedure)
6. size (i.e. clothing, shoes)
7. inch (in diagonal display size)
8. (taxonomical) formObscure term, See also 品種
1. corner; nook; recess
2. downstage right (on a noh stage)Obscure term, Only applies to 角, See also 目付柱
角 【すみ】、隅 【すま】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. by no means; never!; well, I never!; you don't say!; certainly (not)Usually written using kana alone
2. something unexpected; emergencyUsually written using kana alone, See also まさかの時
3. currently; for the time being; presently; for nowUsually written using kana alone, Archaism
4. indeed; really; truly; unexpectedlyUsually written using kana alone, Obscure term, See also 本当に
1. neighbourhood; neighborhood; vicinity; environs
- おお 。
- There are many modern buildings around here.
2. approachingObscure term
1. counter for books
- Paul, we can borrow up to 8 books.
2. volumeObscure term
- Taro ordered some English conversation textbooks from London.
1. Chinese foodAbbreviation, See also 中華料理
2. ChinaObscure term
1. top; summit; apex; peakUsually written using kana alone
2. twelve o'clock (usu. midnight)Usually written using kana alone, Slang, Only applies to てっぺん, often in てっぺんを回る or てっぺん回る
3. top of one's head; top of a helmet; (top of) scalp; crownUsually written using kana alone, Obscure term, esp. 頂辺 when in kanji
天辺 【てへん】、頂辺 【てっぺん】、頂辺 【てへん】、天辺 【てっぺい】
てへん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. てへん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. てっぺい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. bat (in baseball, cricket, etc.)Sports term
- May I use this bat?
1. passing on to the next lifeBuddhist term
3. giving up a struggle; submission
4. being at one's wits' end; being flummoxed
- Those impossible suggestions just annoy me.
5. coercionObscure term, See also 圧状
JLPT N1 Links
1. counter for nights of a stay
2. overnight stay; lodgingObscure term
1. brother-in-law (spouse's younger brother or younger sister's husband)
2. younger stepbrotherObscure term
おとうと: Irregular kana usage.
1. to shake; to jolt; to rock (cradle); to swing
2. to blackmail; to extort; to shake downObscure term, See also 強請る ゆする
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. roll (e.g. of cloth)
2. winding (e.g. watch)
3. volume (of book)
4. speeding up
5. heel (of a Japanese sandal)Obscure term
1. bowling (esp. tenpin)
- Count me out if you go bowling.
2. boring; drillingOnly applies to ボーリング
3. BowlingBowling (1375–1425; late Middle English bowle, variant of... Read more