Words — 2498 found
1. type; style; model; patternがた when a suffix
- Thank you for letting me know that the Model 600-J printer will not be available until May 4, 1997.
2. mold; mould; model; pattern; template; impression
- つく 。
- The statue was cast in a mold.
3. kata (set sequence of positions and movements in martial arts); style (in kabuki, noh, etc.); form
4. convention; tradition; (standard) form; formula; usage
5. (set) size; inches (in sizes of displays, disks, image sensors, etc.)
6. (taxonomical) formRare, See also 品種
1. corner; nook; recess
2. downstage right (on a noh stage)Rare, Only applies to 角, See also 目付柱
角 【すみ】、隅 【すま】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. by no means; never!; well, I never!; you don't say!; certainly (not)Usually written using kana alone
2. something unexpected; emergencyUsually written using kana alone, See also まさかの時
3. currently; for the time being; presently; for nowUsually written using kana alone, Archaism
4. indeed; really; truly; unexpectedlyUsually written using kana alone, Rare, See also 本当に
1. neighborhood; neighbourhood; vicinity; environs; surrounding area; district
- おお 。
- There are many modern buildings around here.
附近: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. trunk; torso; body; abdomen; waist
- A dachshund is a dog from Germany with a very long body and short legs.
2. plastron (in kendo); touching the plastron (kimari-te in kendo)
3. frame (of a drum, etc.); sound box (of a shamisen, etc.); hull (of a ship)
4. dealerHanafuda, Rare, See also 親 おや, also written as 筒
1. counter for books
- Paul, we can borrow up to 8 books.
- Taro ordered some English conversation textbooks from London.
1. Chinausu. in compounds
- あつ 、
- いた 、
- に 。
- Heat sesame oil in the pan on a medium flame, add the chicken meat, the garlic and fry, when the colour changes pour in the Chinese soup, add the Chinese cabbage and boil.
2. Chinese foodAbbreviation, See also 中華料理
1. love of one's country; patriotism
2. IrelandRare, See also アイルランド
1. top; summit; apex; peakUsually written using kana alone
2. twelve o'clock (usu. midnight)Usually written using kana alone, Slang, Only applies to てっぺん, often in てっぺんを回る or てっぺん回る
3. top of one's head; top of a helmet; (top of) scalp; crownUsually written using kana alone, esp. 頂辺 when in kanji
天辺 【てへん】、頂辺 【てっぺん】、頂辺 【てへん】、天辺 【てっぺい】
てへん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. てへん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. てっぺい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. passing on to the next lifeBuddhism
3. giving up a struggle; submission
4. being at one's wits' end; being flummoxed
- Those impossible suggestions just annoy me.
5. coercionRare, See also 圧状
1. righteous government; just rule; kingship; rule of right; noble path
2. easy method; simple approach; short-cut; royal roadSee also 学問に王道なし
3. orthodox way; proper way; traditional manner; classic approach; tried-and-true method
- This e-zine is for those who, unswayed by the cajolery of the modern language industry, firmly trust that the traditional learning method of grammatical analysis is the way to go.
1. brother-in-law (spouse's younger brother or younger sister's husband)
2. younger stepbrotherRare
おとうと: Irregular kana usage.
1. to shake; to jolt; to rock (cradle); to swing
2. to blackmail; to extort; to shake downRare
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. roll (e.g. of cloth)
2. winding (e.g. watch)
3. volume (of book)
4. speeding up
5. heel (of a Japanese sandal)Rare