Words — 950 found
1. area; vicinity; region
- There are a lot of places to see around here.
2. side; edgeMathematics
- A square has four sides.
4. Edge (geometry)In geometry, an edge is a line segment joining two adjace... Read more
1. numeral; figure; digit; numeric characterMathematics
2. Numerical digitA digit is a symbol (a numeral symbol such as "3" or "7")... Read more
1. reverse; opposite
- She said that her husband hit her, but in fact it was the other way around.
2. converse (of a hypothesis, etc.)
3. inverse (function)Mathematics
4. Converse (logic)In logic, the converse of a categorical or implicational ... Read more
1. to stick; to paste; to affixesp. 貼る
- Attach a recent photograph to your application form.
2. to stretch; to spread; to strain; to tighten; to put up (tent)
- Have you ever seen a spider spinning its web?
3. to form (e.g. ice on a pond)
- は 。
- There was thin ice on the lake.
4. to fill; to swell
5. to stick out; to put; to slap
6. to be expensive
7. to keep a watch on; to be on the lookout
9. to span; to generateMathematics
1. going side-by-side; going abreast
2. running concurrently; occurring at the same time; keeping pace with
3. Parallel (geometry)Parallelism is a term in geometry that refers to a proper... Read more
1. line; queue; procession; parade
- お 。
- The children chased after the circus parade.
3. Matrix (mathematics)In mathematics, a matrix (plural matrices, or less common... Read more
1. gathering; assembly; meeting
- The captain ordered his men to gather at once.
3. Set (mathematics)A set is a collection of well defined and distinct object... Read more
1. top; summit
3. Vertex (geometry)In geometry, a vertex (plural vertices) is a special kind... Read more
1. vague; ambiguous; unclear
- おお 。
- That law is full of ambiguities.
2. fuzzyMathematics, Computer terminology
3. AmbiguityAmbiguity of information, in words, pictures, or other me... Read more
1. dot; spot; point; speck; mark
- I can see the tiniest spot.
2. mark (in an exam, etc.); grade; score; points
- くだ 。
- Will you put a dot before the names of the successful students?
3. point (in a game); score; goal; run
- Our team is two points ahead.
4. point (in geometry)Mathematics
5. point; aspect; matter; detail; part; respect; way; viewpoint
6. (punctuation) mark (e.g. comma, period, decimal point); dot
- I'm going to have two pieces in her gallery.
7. "dot" stroke (in a Chinese character)
8. counter for points, marks, goals, etc.
9. counter for goods, items, articles of clothing, works of art, etc.
1. unreasonable; unnatural; unjustifiable
3. forcible; forced; compulsoryoften as 無理に
4. excessive (work, etc.); immoderate
5. to work too hard; to try too hard
6. no way; not a chance; never; dream onColloquialism
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computer terminology
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food term, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports term, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
1. judgment; judgement; decision; conclusion; adjudication
1. expression; presentation
- じつ シェイクスピア
- "There is a tide" is, in fact, from a passage in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
2. representation; notationMathematics
1. row; line; file; column; queue; rank; procession
2. company (of someone); group; ranks
4. counter for rows
1. difference; variation
1. to touch; to come in contact with; to border on; to adjoin; to be adjacent; to be close
- おこ 。
- Like other changes, this change in attitude has occurred in other countries, too.
2. to receive (e.g. visitor); to attend to; to serve; to take care of; to look after; to deal with; to see
- You must treat them with more consideration.
3. to receive (news); to get; to hear
4. to encounter; to come across
5. to be tangent toMathematics
6. to make touch; to bring into contact with; to bring adjacent to; to bring close; to connect
1. development; evolution; progressing; unfolding; (plot) twist
- Who'd have thought this is how the pieces fit?
2. expansion; spreading out; extending; deployment; building up
4. extraction (e.g. files); decompression; unpackingComputer terminology
1. disassembly; dismantling; disaggregating; analysis; disintegrating; decomposing; degrading
- This liquid can be resolved into three elements.
3. decomposition; resolutionChemistry term
4. deblockingComputer terminology