Words — 60 found
1. siblings; brothers and sistersSee also ご兄弟
3. siblings-in-law; brothers-in-law; sisters-in-law
4. mate; friendFamiliar language, Male term or language
1. before oneself; in front of one; nearby
- The glass fronted building before you is the rose garden. It's a greenhouse so you will always be able to appreciate the roses.
2. a bit before reaching (a location); this side (of a location)
- Please let me off on this side of that traffic light.
3. one's standpoint; one's appearance; face; honour
4. skill; dexterity; artistry; ingenuity
5. tea-ceremony proceduresSee also 点前 てまえ
6. I; meHumble (kenjougo)
7. youMale term or language, to one's inferior
8. Lead (leg)Lead refers to which set of legs, left or right, leads or... Read more
1. I; meMale term or language
- I called Susan to apologize to her, but she hung up on me.
2. youused for addressing young boys
- 。 「
- I was asked, "You OK, kid?". I replied, "Fine."
3. manservantSee also しもべ
1. you; buddy; palMale term or language, Familiar language, also used colloquially by young females
- もんだい 。
- Your plan to buy another PC is out of the question.
2. monarch; ruler; sovereign; (one's) masterorig. meaning
1. youFamiliar language, Male term or language, formerly honorific, now oft. derog. term referring to an equal or inferior
- You shall be my daughter's husband.
2. presence (of a god, nobleman, etc.)Only applies to おまえ
お前 【おまい】、お前 【おめー】、お前 【おめえ】、御前 【おまえ】、御前 【おまい】、御前 【おめー】、御前 【おめえ】
1. to eatMale term or language
- く 。
- The starving man devoured the food.
2. to live; to make a living; to survive
3. to bite; to sting (as insects do)
4. to tease; to torment; to taunt; to make light of; to make fun of
5. to encroach on; to eat into; to consume
6. to defeat a superior; to threaten a position
7. to consume time and-or resources
- く 。
- This job eats money.
8. to receive something (usu. an unfavourable event)Colloquialism
- く 。
- The boss bawled me out.
9. to have sexual relations with a woman, esp. for the first timeMale term or language, Vulgar
喰う 【くう】、啖う 【くう】
啖う: Out-dated kanji.
1. I; meMale term or language, rough or arrogant
己 【おれ】、俺 【おらあ】、俺 【おり】
己: Out-dated kanji. おらあ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. wild; growing wild; living in the wild
2. IArchaism, Male term or language
1. such things as ...; and ... andused for non-exhaustive lists related to a specific time and place
- You'll soon come to enjoy the food and drink here.
2. the minute (that) ...; no sooner than ...; as soon asSee also や否や, after the dictionary form of a verb
3. be; isKansai dialect, See also だ
4. o; ohpunctuational exclamation in haiku, renga, etc.
- I guess I'm never going to get married.
5. huh; whatinterjection expressing surprise
6. hiMale term or language
7. yes; what?Archaism
8. yes?; no?; is it?; isn't it?Archaism, indicates a question
9. Ya (kana)や, in hiragana, or ヤ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. Lord; SirHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to きょう
- すわ アンソニー
- On the wall there was a big picture of Sir Anthony at the piano.
2. state minister (under the ritsuryo system)See also 律令制
3. you (in reference to someone of lower status)Archaism, Male term or language, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to けい
1. to giveHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
2. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), See also 給え, after the -masu stem of a verb
1. you (plural); all of you; you allFamiliar language, Male term or language, also used colloquially by young females
1. certain; one
2. I; meArchaism, Humble (kenjougo), Male term or language, See also 某 それがし
1. guy; fellow; chap; buddy
2. bastard; asshole; arsehole; son of a bitchMale term or language, Derogatory, Slang
1. I; me; myselfMale term or language, nuance of arrogance
- Thinking about those sorts of things, I watched "Duck Soup" again.
2. we; us; ourselvesMale term or language, Archaism
吾輩 【わがはい】、我が輩 【わがはい】、吾が輩 【わがはい】、わが輩 【わがはい】
1. adds force or indicates commandMale term or language, used at sentence end
1. I; meUsually written using kana alone, Male term or language, used by elderly