Words — 107 found
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperAbbreviation, Only applies to 赤, See also 銅 あかがね
8. red 5-point cardHanafuda, Abbreviation, See also あかたん
10. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. flower; blossom; bloom; petal
- ゆうめい 水戸
- みにい 。
- We visited Mito Park, which is famous for its plum blossoms.
2. cherry blossom
4. blooming (esp. of cherry blossoms)
5. ikebanaSee also 生け花
6. hanafudaHanafuda, Abbreviation, See also 花札
- はな 。
- Speech is silver, silence is gold.
7. (the) bestSee also 言わぬが花, usu. as 〜が花
8. glorious; lovely
9. FlowerA flower, sometimes known as a bloom or blossom, is the r... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. blue; azure
2. greenmostly in compound words and in ref. to fruits, plants and traffic lights
3. green light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 青信号
4. black (horse coat color)See also 青毛
5. blue 5-point cardHanafuda, Abbreviation, See also あおたん
6. immature; unripe; young
7. BlueBlue is a colour, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
蒼 【あお】、碧 【あお】
1. to hang; to suspend; to wear (e.g. decoration)
2. to lower; to reduce; to bring down
3. to demote; to move back; to pull back
4. to clear (plates); to remove (food, etc. from table or altar)
5. to keep on playing after one has formed a scoring combination with captured cardsHanafuda, See also 出来役
1. insect; bug; cricket; moth
- She has a strong dislike of insects.
2. worm; roundworm
- さが 。
- The bird was looking for worms.
3. one's emotions; one's feelingsSee also 虫を殺す むしをころす
- Certainly he is handsome and intelligent, but there is something about him that I can't like.
4. nervousness; fretfulnessSee also 虫気 むしけ
5. person devoted to one thing; single-minded personSee also 本の虫 ほんのむし
6. valve core
7. mushi (type of game played with a stripped deck)Hanafuda, Usually written using kana alone, See also 虫札
蟲: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. seed (e.g. of a plant); pip; kind; variety; quality; tone
- は 。
- You must sow before you can reap.
2. material (e.g. for an article); matter (e.g. of a story); subject; theme; (news) copy
3. ingredient; leaven (bread); main ingredient of a sushiFood, cooking
4. cause; source
- If you do that, you're going to subject yourself to ridicule.
5. trick; secret; magician's trick; inside story
6. paternal blood; lineageSee also 胤
7. breed (of a stock); sperm; semen
8. 10-point card; tane; animal cardHanafuda, Usually written using kana alone, oft. as タネ
1. to come out; to fall out; to be omitted; to be missing; to escape; to come loose
- ぬ 。
- One of my teeth came out.
2. to fade; to discolour
3. to wear a hole (e.g. clothes)
4. to leave (e.g. a meeting)
5. to be clear; to be transparent (e.g. of the sky)
6. to be stupid; to be absentminded; to be careless; to be inattentiveusu. as 抜けた or 抜けている
7. to exit (a program loop)Computing
8. to go through; to pass through; to give way; to collapse
- で 。
- We went through the woods and came to a lake.
9. to finish a round with more than 88 points (not counting points gained from scoring combinations)Hanafuda
1. trunk; torso; body; abdomen; waist
- A dachshund is a dog from Germany with a very long body and short legs.
2. plastron (in kendo); touching the plastron (kimari-te in kendo)
3. frame (of a drum, etc.); sound box (of a shamisen, etc.); hull (of a ship)
4. dealerHanafuda, Obscure term, See also 親 おや, also written as 筒
1. close examination; careful investigation; close inspection; careful selection; inquiry; enquiry; scrutiny; testing
2. investigation of a crime; inquiry into someone's guiltDated term
3. winner (of the most rounds, i.e. a full game)Hanafuda, Abbreviation, See also 吟味役
4. reciting and appreciating traditional poetryArchaism, orig. meaning
Common word Links
1. three (long cylindrical things)
2. three-of-a-kind (in a dealt hand)Hanafuda, See also 手役
2. having all the cards needed to form a scoring combination in one's handHanafuda, See also 出来役
摑み: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word Links
1. final stage; final stretch; final spurt; last spurt; final push; late charge
2. live printing area (in publishing)
3. gallery (in a theatre)
4. driving (animals, fish, etc.); herding; chasing
5. forcing another player to fold (so that oneself can participate in the game)Hanafuda
追込み 【おいこみ】、追いこみ 【おいこみ】
1. important task; important role; great duty; important mission
2. major part (in a film, play, etc.); leading role
3. high-scoring combinationHanafuda
1. bang; bam; boom; thud; thump; crashOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- The speaker banged the table with his fist.
2. noontime signal gun (carried out early Meiji to Taishō); noon gun; noonday gunSee also 午砲
3. last round in a game of 12 roundsHanafuda, Slang
4. precisely; exactly; plumb; totally; verySee also ど
5. Mr.; Mrs.; Miss; Ms.; -sanHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Familiar language, Only applies to どん, See also 殿 どの, southern Kyushu equiv. of -さん
1. dealt hand consisting of one 20-point card and six 1-point cardsHanafuda, See also 手役
2. outstanding; standing out above the rest
- Gloria was easily the best singer of that evening.
ぴか一 【ぴかいち】、ピカ一 【ピカいち】、ピカイチ
1. hanafuda; flower cards; playing cards consisting of 12 suits of 4 cards, each suit representing a month indicated by a flowerHanafuda
2. HanafudaHanafuda are playing cards of Japanese origin that are us... Read more
1. the Sun, the Moon and the starsPoetical term
2. three non-rain 20-point cards (high-scoring meld)Hanafuda
1. dregs; sediment; grounds; mealUsually written using kana alone
2. lees (esp. sake)Usually written using kana alone, often 粕
3. leftovers; by-productUsually written using kana alone
4. worthless item; junkUsually written using kana alone
5. dregs (e.g. of society); scum; drossUsually written using kana alone
6. 1-point cardHanafuda, Usually written using kana alone, See also カス札
粕 【かす】、糟 【かす】、カス
1. between (e.g. two people); face to face
2. hindrance; impediment
3. arrhythmic section of recitative in noh musicMusic, Usually written using kana alone
4. playing with only 2 playersHanafuda, Mahjong
5. prefix used for stress or emphasis
6. counter for traditional dance songs
指し 【さし】、差 【さし】、指 【さし】、サシ