1. bang; bam; boom; thud; thump; crashOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- The speaker banged the table with his fist.
2. noontime signal gun (carried out early Meiji to Taishō); noon gun; noonday gunSee also 午砲
3. last round in a game of 12 roundsHanafuda, Slang
4. precisely; exactly; plumb; totally; verySee also ど
5. Mr.; Mrs.; Miss; Ms.; -sanHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Familiar language, Only applies to どん, See also 殿 どの, southern Kyushu equiv. of -さん
Log in to talk about this word.