Words — 622 found
1. explanation; exposition
2. ExplanationAn explanation is a set of statements constructed to desc... Read more
1. proof; verification; certification
2. Mathematical proofIn mathematics, a proof is a demonstration that if some f... Read more
1. civilization; civilisation; culture
- The nineteenth century was the age of the white man's civilization.
2. Bunmei era (1469.4.28-1487.7.20)
3. CivilizationCivilization is a sometimes controversial term that has b... Read more
2. near futureOnly applies to あす
明日 【あす】、明日 【みょうにち】
1. light; well-lit; well-lighted
- ひか 。
- The diamond shone brightly.
2. bright (of a colour); brightly-coloured; brightly-colored
- めをひ 。
- The bright colors arrested our eyes.
3. cheerful; bright; spirited; sunny (e.g. disposition)
- The child captivates everyone with his sunny smile.
4. encouraging (for the future of a project, etc.); promising; of fair prospects
5. familiar (with); knowledgeable (about); well versed (in)as 〜に明るい
- You're pretty good with the lay of the land.
6. fair (e.g. politics); clean; impartial
明い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to open (a door, etc.); to unwrap (e.g. parcel, package); to unlockOnly applies to 開ける
- あ 。
- The three boys opened the doors of the building.
2. to open (for business, etc.)Only applies to 開ける
- I'm sorry I opened your mail by mistake.
3. to empty; to remove; to make space; to make roomesp. 空ける
- Empty the purse into this bag.
4. to move out; to clear outesp. 空ける
5. to be away from (e.g. one's house); to leave (temporarily)esp. 空ける
6. to dawn; to grow lightesp. 明ける
7. to end (of a period, season)esp. 明ける
8. to begin (of the New Year)esp. 明ける
9. to leave (one's schedule) open; to make time (for)esp. 明ける
10. to make (a hole); to open up (a hole)
空ける 【あける】、明ける 【あける】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. transparent; clear
2. Transparency and translucencyIn the field of optics, transparency (also called pelluci... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. declaration; statement; proclamation
2. Shōmyōis a style of Japanese Buddhist chant, used mainly in the... Read more
1. illumination; lighting
2. LightingLighting or illumination is the deliberate application of... Read more
1. clear; obvious; evident; plain; definite
2. bright; light
顕らか: Irregular kanji usage.
1. light; illumination; glow; gleamOnly applies to 明かり, Only applies to 明り
- You'll strain your eyes trying to read in this light.
2. lamp; lightSee also 明かりを消す
- くだ 。
- Turn on the light, please.
明り 【あかり】、灯り 【あかり】、灯 【あかり】、灯かり 【あかり】、灯火 【あかり】
灯火: Irregular kanji usage.
1. space; room; gap; emptiness
- Leave more space between characters.
2. vacancy; opening; empty seat
- There is no opening in our firm.
3. free time; time to spare
4. disuse; unused thing
1. wise; sensible; well-advised; intelligent; sagacious; prudent
1. unclear; obscure; indistinct; uncertain; ambiguous
2. unknown; unidentified
3. ignorance; lack of wisdom; lack of insight
1. cheerful; bright
2. clear; clean; honest; fair