1. light; well-lit; well-lighted
- ひか 。
- The diamond shone brightly.
2. bright (of a colour); brightly-coloured; brightly-colored
- めをひ 。
- The bright colors arrested our eyes.
3. cheerful; bright; spirited; sunny (e.g. disposition)
- The child captivates everyone with his sunny smile.
4. encouraging (for the future of a project, etc.); promising; of fair prospects
5. familiar (with); knowledgeable (about); well versed (in)as 〜に明るい
- You're pretty good with the lay of the land.
6. fair (e.g. politics); clean; impartial
明い: Irregular okurigana usage.
Log in to talk about this word.