Words — 854 found
1. direction; orientation; bearing; way
2. course (e.g. of action)
3. Direction (geometry)Direction is the information contained in the relative po... Read more
1. youUsually written using kana alone, trad. polite in ref. to someone of equal or lower status, now oft. regarded as rude or distant
- If you get enough rest every night, you'll feel much better.
2. dear; honeyFamiliar language, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 貴方, Only applies to 貴男, used by wives addressing their husbands
- Don't go, dears.
貴女 【あなた】、貴男 【あなた】
1. whoUsually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
1. this way; this directionUsually written using kana alone, See also そちら, See also あちら, See also どちら, direction close to the speaker or towards the speaker
- Look at the boy and his dog that are coming this way.
2. hereUsually written using kana alone, place close to the speaker or where the speaker is
- Could you pass me the salt, please?
3. this (one)Usually written using kana alone, something physically close to the speaker
- たか 。
- This costs more than that.
4. I; me; we; usUsually written using kana alone
- おねが 。
- This is Aya, this is Aya. Please respond.
5. this personUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to こちら, someone physically close to the speaker and of equal or higher status
- Aunt, this is Tom.
此方 【こっち】、此方 【こち】
こち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. that way; that directionUsually written using kana alone, See also こちら, See also あちら, See also どちら, direction distant from the speaker, close to the listener
- Isn't this Central Driving School?
2. thereUsually written using kana alone, place distant from the speaker, close to the listener
- How are things for you up there?
3. that (one)Usually written using kana alone, something close to the listener
- What is the difference between this and that?
4. you; your family; your companyUsually written using kana alone, そちら is polite
- うけい 。
- We will accept your conditions.
5. that personUsually written using kana alone, someone close to the listener
其方 【そっち】、其方 【そなた】、其方 【そち】
1. dialect; provincialism
2. DialectThe term dialect (from the Greek word dialektos, Διάλεκτο... Read more
1. rectangle; oblong
2. RectangleIn Euclidean plane geometry, a rectangle is any quadrilat... Read more
1. way; method; means; resource; course
1. district; region; area; locality
- なつ 、
- He traveled through the Tohoku district this summer.
2. the country; countryside; the provinces; rural areaAntonym: 中央 ちゅうおう
- It seems the rural area will be developed on a large scale.
3. civilian societyImperial Army jargon
1. one (esp. of two); the other; one way; the other way; one direction; the other direction; one side; the other side; one party; the other party
- The floor was painted green, while the walls were yellow.
2. on the one hand; on the other handSee also 他方
- いっぽう 、
- しご 」
- But, then again, Latin was already a "dead language" by that time.
3. whereas; although; but at the same time; meanwhile; in turn
4. just keeps; being inclined to ...; tending to be ...; tending to do ...; continuously ...; just keeps on ...ing; onlyafter noun, adjective-stem or plain verb
- I always buy the English-language books I come across at bookstores. But since I never read them, all they do is pile up.
1. direction; way; side; area (in a particular direction)
2. side (of an argument, etc.); one's partoften 私の方, あなたの方, etc.
3. type; category
4. field (of study, etc.)
5. indicates one side of a comparison
6. way; method; manner; means
7. length (of each side of a square)
1. method; process; manner; way; means; technique
1. friend; ally; supporterAntonym: 敵 てき
2. taking sides with; supporting; standing by; backing up
身方 【みかた】、御方 【みかた】
身方: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 御方: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. people; (all) persons; everyone; ladies and gentlemenHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- おも 。
- It was a great pleasure for me to meet many associates of your company.
2. you (usu. plural)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
方方 【かたがた】、方がた 【かたがた】
1. policy; course; plan (of action); principle
2. magnetic needleSee also 磁針, orig. meaning