Words — 835 found
1. direction; orientation; bearing; way
2. course (e.g. of action)
3. Direction (geometry)Direction is the information contained in the relative po... Read more
1. you (referring to someone of equal or lower status)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo), 貴女 refers only to females and 貴男 refers only to males
- If you get enough rest every night, you'll feel much better.
2. dear (what a wife calls a husband)Only applies to 貴方, Only applies to 貴男
- Don't go, dears.
貴女 【あなた】、貴男 【あなた】
1. who?Usually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
1. this way (direction close to the speaker or towards the speaker); this directionUsually written using kana alone, See also 何方 どちら, See also 其方, See also 彼方 あちら
- Look at the boy and his dog that are coming this way.
2. here (place close to the speaker or where the speaker is)
- Could you pass me the salt, please?
3. this one (something physically close to the speaker)
- たか 。
- This costs more than that.
4. I; me; we; us
- おねが 。
- This is Aya, this is Aya. Please respond.
5. this person (someone physically close to the speaker and of equal or higher status)
- Aunt, this is Tom.
此方 【こっち】、此方 【こち】
こち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. that way (direction distant from the speaker, close to the listener)Usually written using kana alone, See also 何方 どちら, See also 此方 こちら, See also 彼方 あちら
- Isn't this Central Driving School?
2. there (place distant from the speaker, close to the listener)
- How are things for you up there?
3. that one (something close to the listener)
- What is the difference between this and that?
4. you; your family; your company
- うけい 。
- We will accept your conditions.
5. that person (someone close to the listener)
其方 【そっち】、其方 【そなた】、其方 【そち】
1. dialectlinguistics terminology
2. DialectThe term dialect (from the Greek word dialektos, Διάλεκτο... Read more
1. rectangle; oblong
2. RectangleIn Euclidean plane geometry, a rectangle is any quadrilat... Read more
1. way; method; means; resource; course
1. district; region; area; locality
- なつ 、
- He traveled through the Tohoku district this summer.
2. the country; countryside; the provinces; rural areaAntonym: 中央 ちゅうおう
- It seems the rural area will be developed on a large scale.
3. civilian societyImperial Army jargon
1. one (esp. of two); the other; one way; the other way; one direction; the other direction; one side; the other side; one party; the other party
- The floor was painted green, while the walls were yellow.
2. on the one hand; on the other handSee also 他方
- いっぽう 、
- しご 」
- But, then again, Latin was already a "dead language" by that time.
3. whereas; although; but at the same time; meanwhile; in turn
4. just keeps; being inclined to ...; tending to be ...; tending to do ...; continuously ...; just keeps on ...ing; onlyafter noun, adjective-stem or plain verb
- I always buy the English-language books I come across at bookstores. But since I never read them, all they do is pile up.
1. direction; way; side; area (in a particular direction)
2. side (of an argument, etc.); one's part
3. type; category
4. field (of study, etc.)
5. indicates one side of a comparison
6. way; method; manner; means
7. length (of each side of a square)
1. method; process; manner; way; means; technique
1. friend; ally; supporterAntonym: 敵 てき
2. taking sides with; supporting; standing by; backing up
身方 【みかた】、御方 【みかた】
身方: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 御方: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. they (of people); gentlemen (of the ...)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- おも 。
- It was a great pleasure for me to meet many associates of your company.
2. you (usu. plural)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
方方 【かたがた】、方がた 【かたがた】
1. policy; course; plan (of action); principle
2. magnetic needleSee also 磁針, orig. meaning