Words — 774 found
1. detour; diversion
2. The Wrong MoveThe Wrong Move (UK) or Wrong Movement (USA video title) i... Read more
まわり道 【まわりみち】、廻り道 【まわりみち】、廻り路 【まわりみち】、回り路 【まわりみち】
1. circuit (electric)
2. cycle (e.g. Krebs cycle)Biology term
1. laying the groundwork; behind-the-scenes maneuvering; consensus-building process
2. digging around the roots of a tree (before transplanting)
3. NemawashiNemawashi (根回し) in Japanese means an informal process of ... Read more
1. to turn; to revolveSee also ぐるぐる
- まわ 。
- This handle will not turn.
2. to visit several places
- "Can I help you?" "No, thank you. I'm just looking around."
3. to function well
- Without him our company would cease to function.
4. to pass a certain time
- き 。
- He came a little after noon.
1. restoration; rehabilitation; recovery; return; replevin; improvementOnly applies to 回復, Only applies to 恢復
2. recovery (from an illness); recuperation; convalescenceesp. 快復
快復 【かいふく】、恢復 【かいふく】
1. counter for occurrences
- Some new kinds of rice can be harvested two or three times a year.
2. a time; an instance
- We have to win seven times in a row to win this tournament.
3. inning (baseball); round; game
4. episode; chapter; instalmentColloquialism
5. Hui (people)Abbreviation, See also 回族
6. IslamAbbreviation, See also 回教
1. to turn; to rotate; to spin; to twist; to gyrate
- No, that's not the right way. You have to turn it the other way round.
2. to pass around; to send around; to hand around; to circulate
- The salt, if you please.
3. to move (someone or something to where its needed); to send; to bring; to transfer; to forward; to direct; to submit
- まわ 。
- I'll put you through to the president.
4. to turn (to a new use); to use (for something else)
5. to turn on (something that turns or has a rotating part, e.g. a washing machine); to start up (e.g. an engine); to give (something) a spin
- Please start up the motor, Tom.
6. to put (someone in a position); to make (e.g. an enemy of)
7. to ... around (e.g. chase, fool, play); to do all over; to do everywhere; to do completelyafter the -masu stem of a verb
8. to surround (something) with; to enclose with
9. to put (an arm) around (e.g. someone's waist); to reach around
- He put his arm around her waist.
10. to invest (money); to lend
11. to dial (a telephone number)
- まわ 。
- He took up the receiver and dialed.
12. to gang-rapeSee also 輪姦す
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. rotationSee also 周り
- There are high walls about the town.
2. making the rounds
4. effect; efficacy
5. by way of; via
6. round; turn
8. 12-year period; 12-year age difference
1. to go aroundUsually written using kana alone
- We will explore every planet that goes around the sun.
2. to returnUsually written using kana alone
- Many happy returns of the day! Happy birthday!
3. to surroundUsually written using kana alone
4. to concern (usu. of disputes)Usually written using kana alone, See also を巡って
- Britain's currency crisis has turned into a political one over government failure to stop the pound from going into free-fall.
回る 【めぐる】、廻る 【めぐる】
1. circumference; girthSee also 回り まわり
2. surroundings; neighbourhood; neighborhood; vicinity
- Look about you.
3. people surrounding oneself; surrounding circumstances
- ちが 。
- He is different from the people around him.
1. to exceed (esp. figures: profits, unemployment rate, etc.); to surpass; to be more than; to be better thanSee also 下回る
上まわる 【うわまわる】、上廻る 【うわまわる】