Words — 160 found
1. guidance; leading (the way); showing around
- A guide conducted the visitors round the museum.
2. information; notice; notification
- An old lady guided us through the castle.
3. announcement (of one's arrival)
5. acquaintance; knowledge
あない: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. before very long; soon; someday; one of these days; sooner or laterUsually written using kana alone
2. of the previously mentioned; of that number; among them; among othersUsually written using kana alone
1. inside; within
- I have a dream that AIDS will be cured in my lifetime.
2. while (e.g. one is young); during; within (e.g. a day); in the course ofUsually written using kana alone
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; (out) of; betweenUsually written using kana alone, as 〜のうち
- One of my sons is a teacher, and the other is a doctor.
4. in (secret, chaos, poverty, etc.); amidst; with (e.g. success)Usually written using kana alone, also 裡, 裏; as のうちに after a noun representing a state or condition
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. within oneself; one's feelings; inner thoughts
7. one's home; one's familyUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to 内, See also 家 うち, also 家
8. my spouse; my husband; my wifeOnly applies to 内
9. signed on behalf of (husband's name) by his wifeOnly applies to 内, in a letter after the husband's name
10. I; meUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, Only applies to 内, primarily used by women and children
11. imperial palace groundsArchaism, Only applies to 内
12. emperorArchaism, Only applies to 内
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. (my) wifeHumble (kenjougo), Only applies to かない
- My wife often rings me up, while she travels abroad.
2. inside the home; one's family
やうち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. inside the House (Diet)
2. inside the hospital
- ねえ 」「
- "Ah, y-yes ... Sorry, Coz." "Hey! You might be my relative but here I'm your senior and a doctor. Keep things straight while you're in the hospital!"
1. internal; domestic
国内 【こくだい】、国内 【くぬち】
くぬち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. relatives; one's family
2. friends; members of the same organization
3. followers; henchmen
4. one's whole body
1. within a company; in-house
2. within a shrine; shrine precincts