Words — 792 found
1. representation; agency; proxy; deputy; agent; attorney; substitute; alternate; acting (principal, etc.)
2. Law of agencyThe law of agency is an area of commercial law dealing wi... Read more
1. pronounlinguistics terminology
- せつぞくし +
- だいめいし 」
- Relative pronouns perform as 'conjunction + pronoun'.
2. synonym; classic example; pattern; byword; representative
- The name Cleopatra has become a byword for a beautiful woman.
3. PronounIn linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a pro-form that ... Read more
1. period; epoch; era; age
2. the times; those days
3. oldness; ancientness; antiquity
4. antique; period pieceAbbreviation, See also 時代物
1. substitute; replacement; substituting; replacing
- おく 。
- Instead of going myself, I sent a letter.
2. stand-in; proxy; alternate; deputy; relief; successor
- よこ 。
- Using a doubled-up cushion in place of a pillow I lie down on the hard wooden floor with nothing but a carpet spread over it.
3. compensation; exchange; returnSee also 代わりに, usu. as 〜代わりに, etc.
4. another helping; second helping; seconds; refillSee also お代わり おかわり, usu. as お代わり
5. upcoming program; upcoming programmeAbbreviation, See also 替わり狂言, esp. 替わり, 替り
替わり 【かわり】、代り 【かわり】、替り 【かわり】
1. world; society; publicOnly applies to 世
- やってき 。
- Light has come into the world.
2. life; lifetime
- Newspapers influence the current of time.
3. age; era; period; epoch; generation
4. reign; rule
5. the timesOnly applies to 世
6. world (of existence)Buddhist term, Only applies to 世
7. Series (stratigraphy)Series are subdivisions of rock layers made based on the ... Read more
1. generation; the world; the age
2. GenerationGeneration (from the Latin generāre, meaning "to beget"),... Read more
1. ancient times
2. Ancient history"Ancient" redirects here. For other uses, see Antiquity (... Read more
1. representative; representation; delegation; type; example; model
2. switchboard number; main numberAbbreviation, See also 代表番号
1. to replaceusu. 替える
- Shall I change the water for the flowers?
2. to exchange; to interchangeusu. 換える
- The bank will cash your fifty dollar check.
3. to substituteusu. 代える
替える 【かえる】、代える 【かえる】
1. present day; modern times; recent times
2. early modern period (in Japan, usu. from the Meiji Restoration until the end of World War II)See also 明治維新
1. alternation; change; relief; relay; shift; substitution (sports, etc.); taking turns
1. to succeed; to relieve; to replaceesp. 替わる, 替る
2. to take the place of; to substitute for; to take over for; to represent; to hand over (telephone)esp. 代わる, 代る
- かわ 。
- The company has changed hands three times.
3. to be exchanged; to change (places with); to switchesp. 換わる, 換る
代わる 【かわる】、換わる 【かわる】、替る 【かわる】、代る 【かわる】、換る 【かわる】
1. speaking by proxy; speaking for (someone else); acting as spokesman (for); representing (the views, feelings, etc. of)Only applies to 代弁, Only applies to 代辯
2. payment by proxy; compensation by proxy; paying on behalf (of)Only applies to 代弁, Only applies to 代辨
3. acting for (someone else); carrying out (on someone's behalf)Only applies to 代弁, Only applies to 代辨
代辨 【だいべん】、代辯 【だいべん】
Common word Links
2. Pinch hitterIn baseball, a pinch hitter is a substitute batter. Batte... Read more