Words — 814 found
1. representation; agency; proxy; deputy; agent; attorney; substitute; alternate; acting (principal, etc.)
2. Law of agencyThe law of agency is an area of commercial law dealing wi... Read more
1. pronounlinguistics terminology
- せつぞくし +
- だいめいし 」
- Relative pronouns perform as 'conjunction + pronoun'.
2. synonym; classic example; pattern; byword; representative
- The name Cleopatra has become a byword for a beautiful woman.
3. PronounIn linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a pro-form that ... Read more
1. period; epoch; era; age
2. the times; those days
3. oldness; ancientness; antiquity
4. antique; period pieceAbbreviation, See also 時代物
1. substitute; replacement; substituting; replacing
- おく 。
- Instead of going myself, I sent a letter.
2. stand-in; proxy; alternate; deputy; relief; successor
- よこ 。
- Using a doubled-up cushion in place of a pillow I lie down on the hard wooden floor with nothing but a carpet spread over it.
3. compensation; exchange; returnSee also 代わりに, usu. as 〜代わりに, etc.
4. another helping; second helping; seconds; refillSee also お代わり おかわり, usu. as お代わり
5. upcoming program; upcoming programmeAbbreviation, See also 替わり狂言, esp. 替わり, 替り
替わり 【かわり】、代り 【かわり】、替り 【かわり】
1. world; society; publicOnly applies to 世
- やってき 。
- Light has come into the world.
2. life; lifetime
- Newspapers influence the current of time.
3. age; era; period; epoch; generation
4. reign; rule
5. the timesOnly applies to 世
6. world (of existence)Buddhist term, Only applies to 世
7. Series (stratigraphy)Series are subdivisions of rock layers made based on the ... Read more
1. generation; the world; the age
2. GenerationGeneration (from the Latin generāre, meaning "to beget"),... Read more
1. ancient times; distant past; antiquity
2. Ancient history"Ancient" redirects here. For other uses, see Antiquity (... Read more
1. to replaceusu. 替える
- Shall I change the water for the flowers?
2. to exchange; to interchangeusu. 換える
- The bank will cash your fifty dollar check.
3. to substituteusu. 代える
替える 【かえる】、代える 【かえる】
1. representative; representation; delegation; type; example; model
2. switchboard number; main numberAbbreviation, See also 代表番号
1. present day; modern times; recent times
2. early modern period (in Japan, usu. from the Meiji Restoration until the end of World War II)See also 明治維新
1. alternation; change; relief; relay; shift; substitution (sports, etc.); taking turns
1. to succeed; to relieve; to replaceesp. 替わる, 替る
2. to take the place of; to substitute for; to take over for; to represent; to hand over (telephone)esp. 代わる, 代る
- かわ 。
- The company has changed hands three times.
3. to be exchanged; to change (places with); to switchesp. 換わる, 換る
代わる 【かわる】、換わる 【かわる】、替る 【かわる】、代る 【かわる】、換る 【かわる】
1. speaking by proxy; speaking for (someone else); acting as spokesman (for); representing (the views, feelings, etc. of)Only applies to 代弁, Only applies to 代辯
2. payment by proxy; compensation by proxy; paying on behalf (of)Only applies to 代弁, Only applies to 代辨
3. acting for (someone else); carrying out (on someone's behalf)Only applies to 代弁, Only applies to 代辨
代辨 【だいべん】、代辯 【だいべん】
Common word Links
2. Pinch hitterIn baseball, a pinch hitter is a substitute batter. Batte... Read more